Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Power

'Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us---Ephesians 3:20.  I have heard this verse quoted many times but most times without the last part of the verse.  I have heard people shouting on God's ability to do far more than we could ever ask or imagine but I never hear any reference to the part that says 'according to the power that worketh in us'. There are even times that I have forgotten this part of the verse.  Shame on me because it may be the most important part of the verse.  It may be the difference between an answered prayer and an unanswered prayer in your life. 

As a Christian I know that the God I serve is All Powerful.  He is Almighty.  There is nothing to hard for Him.  He has the power to do things in my life and in your life that we cannot even fathom.  So why do we remain in the same place month after month, year after year.  We pray to God for the same thing over and over and nothing happens.  Of course there is the answer that I am sure you have heard because I have heard it. "Maybe it is not God's will for you".  And I am okay with that answer.  But I have a something different I want you to think about.  How much power is working in you?  What is your level of faith?  Does your level of faith exceed your unbelief?  How much room have you given God to operate in your life?  Does He have total control over every aspect?  Do you trust Him completely to do what is best for you? 

You see, God is able to do beyond, over and above, surpassing anything that our mind can think and our heart can desire.  This is according to the efficiency, richness and power of the Holy Spirit working in our lives.  Remember that we were told in Acts 1:18a, 'But ye shall receive power, when the Holy Spirit is come upon you...  But to what degree do you yield to the Holy Spirit and the sanctification process that is working in you?  The power of God is limitless and He has chosen to give it to us in abundance, yet the stubbornness and unwillingness of us to submit fully to the complete process of change has us working on a limited playing field.  We have the Bible.  We have our knees.  We have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.  The time has come for us to use them to our advantage.  It's about recognizing the presence, plenitude and power of the God we serve.  He has made so much available to us and it's about time we take advantage of it. 

Most Gracious Heavenly Father,

I come to You today thanking you for being a patient and a just God.  A God who looks beyond my faults and sees my need even when I may say one thing in a prayer when my heart feels another way.  I realize that I am not always walking in submission to Your will and to Your way.  I thank you that through it all You haven't given up on me.  Help me to recognize the power of the Holy Spirit that is working in me and above all things, help my unbelief.  In Jesus' Wonderful Name I pray Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment