Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Monday, December 13, 2010

Stand Your Ground!

Some days you have to stand flat-footed and look the devil in the eye and say, "Hit me with your best shot,  I am going all the way with the Lord."  I was having one of those days today.  I immediately reached down into the depths of my soul, my spiritual treasure chest and stood firm on the Word of God.  I started out on a path of Psalm 91.  "I am dwelling in the secret place of the most high.  I am abiding  under the shelter of the Almighty.  I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress, my God in whom will I trust'.  I dug down deeper to Psalm 23:4  to 'Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for You, O Lord are with me.  Thy rod and thy staff they comfort me'.  Kept on digging and wound up at Jeremiah 29:11, 'For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 

The devil is real y'all and he ain't playing.  He is roaming to and fro seeking who he can devour.  He is there daily seeking to steal, kill and destroy.  He wants to steal our joy.  Kill our relationships.  Destroy our peace.  He doesn't care who he has to use to do it either.  That is why we must be prepared with the whole armor of God.  In my lifetime I have met a few Christians who steal treat the devil like he is that man dressed in that red costume with pointy ears, a tail and a pitchfork. A figment of our imagination. No maam!  No sir!  I've stopped by here to tell you that the devil is as real as the hand staring you in your face.  We need to recognize that the devil can be right in your house, sitting in the cubicle next to you, living in the house next door.  Although you may think you can fight him with wordly weapons, you can't.  The devil has a whole army....rulers, authorities, cosmic powers over the power of darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in heavenly places...(Eph. 6:11-12)  For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh.  They have a divine power that can destroy strongholds.  (II Cor. 10:4) But you have to know what those weapons are.  Things like 'rejoicing in hope, being patient in affliction and faithful in prayer. (Romans 12:12) Having humility. Exercising your faith!  Thanking God in all circumstances! Sometimes you have to tell yourself that God is bigger.  He is greater than all your problems.  He can change any situation.  There isn't anything too hard for God.  Time to hide His Word in your heart.  Build yourself a treasure chest of the Word.  You can stand firm and say 'though the storm keeps on raging and sometimes it gets a bit hard for me to bear, you have a hope that lies within.  It's not the same hope that non-Christians have in their own abilities, jobs and other people.  Your hope is built on nothing less than Jesus blood and righteousness.  So if the storms don't cease and the wind keeps on blowing in your life,  you can stand firm with your feet planted and say that your soul is anchored in the Lord!

Most Gracious Heavenly Father,

Creator of all things.  Alpha and Omega.  The beginning and the end.  I come to You today thanking you for grace and mercy.  Joy and Peace.  Thank you for giving me hope.  The ability to look past my circumstances to the glory that lies in serving the true and living God.  Out of the depths of my soul I cry to You.  Satan is trying his best to take me out. Yet will I wait for you.  I hope in your Word.  Thank you for your sustaning power and your steadfast love.  In Jesus' Wonderful Name I pray Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment