Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Monday, December 6, 2010

In All Things

There is a certain excitement I feel when go through trials and tribulations.  This excitement comes from knowing who is in control.  It also comes from knowing that God still has His hand on me and is molding me and making me everyday through a very calculated breaking process into a vessel to be used for His glory and His alone.  I  take no credit for any of my accomplishments.  As I move into the next phase of my life, I am even more aware of the hand of God on my life and I have learned the true meaning of what Paul said in I Thessalonians 5:18, 'to give thanks in all circumstances'.  Thanksgiving is a mindset and it comes through knowing God in an intimate way.  Knowing that He will not do anything to harm you.  (Jeremiah 29:11) Knowing that He loves you with a steadfast love. (Psalms 136:26)  It is so reassuring to know that I will profit from every thing that happens in my life if I am obedient to the Word of God.  'For all things work together for the good of them who love the Lord and who are called according to His purpose'.  Romans 8:28 

This frame of mind was not anything that I developed over night.  It was developed through my trials.  I had to learn to trust Him in everything.  And when my eyes deceive me into focusing on my circumstances instead of my Savior, I go to God in prayer for clearer vision.  I ask Him to remove all distractions so that I am able to fix my eyes on Jesus who is the author and finisher of my faith.  Let me just give you a few things to be thankful for, even when your world is turned upside down or it seems that God is silent.  What about life, peace, joy, comfort, righteousness, and salvation in him.  God's grace and mercy.  You have been redeemed.  You have been forgiven.  Whether you are delivered on this side or on the other side, your deliverance is coming.  Thanking God in every circumstance shows God that you believe in His sufficiency.  You don't have to go anywhere else to find the solution to your problem.  God has your back and is able to do exceedingly, abundantly above all you could ever ask or imagine.  But I caution you not to let your lack of faith cause you to be powerless and tie the hands of God or delay the blessing He has in store for your life.  There is no greater site to me than to see a fellow Christian who I know may be going through a rough time and yet they are still praising God.  This, too, can be you.  There are three simple things that I am going to leave with you.  Rejoice always. (Joy is always appropriate.)  Pray without ceasing.  (Don't every stop praying.)  Give thanks in all circumstances.  Simply put start out by thanking God for who He is.  There is never a time when you cannot find something to praise God for.  Just knowing that He is on the throne and is in control.  Then go ahead and present your requests.  God already knows anyway.  He just wants you to give it to Him.  Once you give it to Him, thanksgiving is expected.  Why wouldn't you thank Him?  If you believe that God is who He says He is then you have a blessed assurance that whatever happens you will be okay. 

Most Gracious Heavenly Father,

Thank you for who you are.  I thank You for waking me up this morning.  Thank you for my life, health and strength.  Thank you for your grace and mercy.  Thank you because I know that I am not what I used to be and it is only because of the grace of God that I am what I am.  When I look back over my life and think about the times I was hemmed in with no apparent way out, I know that it was nothing but your hand that guided me through.  I will forever give your name the praise for you are the source of strength and the strength of my life.  If it were not for you on my side, where would I be.  Help me to remain focused on you and not on the situation for as long as you are working on my behalf I know that I will be alright.  Thank you Father.  In Jesus' Name I pray Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment