Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Everything You Need (part 2)

R&B Singer Monica has a song out right now entitled 'Everything to Me'. In this song she is referring to a man who gives her everything she needs. While I love my husband and am thankful for all that he does for me and the companionship he provides for me, he does not give me everything I need. After thirty-six years of life I realize that only God can give me everything I need. God provides for me those intangibles that go along way to sustain my peace of mind when all the tangible things have been taken away or seem out of reach at the present time.  What a much needed reminder for me this Christmas season.  Being in school the past year and not working for a year and a half now has shown me firsthand that God will provide. This Christmas will be a little lighter for my children but it does not change the level of faith I have in God.  In fact it has increased my faith. 

Psalms 84:11 says, "For the Lord God is our light and protector. He gives us grace and glory. No good thing will the Lord withhold from those who do what is right." There are a lot of things I thought I needed but let's look at the things listed in this verse. Light - He allows me to see in dark places. He guides me along the right path. Protection - Satan can't touch me. My enemies can't touch me. He delivers me from every trap and protects me from the fatal plague. (Psalms 91:3) Grace - He withholds from me what I deserve because I don't always do what is right. Glory - when you think you have me beaten, He exalts me to a higher place in Him. And why does He give me all of these things? He gives me all of this that I may serve Him.

As I walk along life's journey what more could I ask for? As I submit to His will and walk in obedience He provides everything I need. The next time you are tempted to put all your faith in man think on these things. God has a proven track record. Rely on Him. Put all your trust in them. Psalms 84 ends with these words, 'O Lord Almighty, happy are those who trust in you'.  One thing have I desired of the Lord and that will I seek after that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life.  There is nothing like knowing that God has you back.  He will see you through.  Your happiness is not dependent upon circumstance. Instead the outcome of your circumstance is determined by the inner joy you have.  Even when things look like they haven't worked out in your favor, you know differently.  God provides for you everything you need.

Most Gracious Heavenly Father,

Thank you for providing everything I need in this life to serve you. You are my light and my protection. Help me to remember that everything is a gift from you. Without you I am nothing. In Jesus' Wonderful Name I pray Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment