Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Friday, December 17, 2010

Possibilities

'With God all things are possible'.  Matthew 19:26

I read an interesting quote today that said "Truth must become heart knowledge for transformation to take place."  We can claim to know something all day but until it becomes a living, breathing part of us, it is just words.  I have been blessed with the gift of memorization.  This makes it quite easy for  me to memorize scriptures.  However, with all of the scriptures that I have memorized in thirty-six years, it has only been here recently that the words have become alive.  My faith has grown.  It has been the difference between me saying, "I think I can" versus "I know I can".  The believer should spend time everyday in communion with God.  The time spent in prayer and meditation is then made real to us by the Holy Spirit.  The transformation then begins to take place in our hearts.  Through the Word He reveals to us His plans,  his purpose, and His provisions for us.   

Let's begin by talking about His plan.  Jeremiah 29:11 says it best.  'For I know the plans that I have for you, says the Lord, plans to prosper and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future'.  He didn't say that you would be rich and never get sick.  The word prosper means to make steady progress.  This progress can occur in many different areas of your life, not just your finances.  It also means to reach a high point in historical significance or importance.  I can't speak for you but every time I have went through a different tests or storm, the results have been historical.  I have learned things that will last my lifetime.  Things that I desire to share with my children and those around me whom I love.  God's purpose for our lives is simple 'to do what is perfect and pleasing in the eyes of God so that He is glorified.  Everything we do should be so God can get the glory.  Nothing should be done out of selfish ambition or vain conceit.  After all, we can do nothing on our own.  It is through God that all things are possible.  Now I cannot talk about God's plan and His purpose without talking about His provision'And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus'.  Philippians 4:19  Whatever it is that you need, God's got it.  And the God I serve is not a selfish God.  He gives willingly and generously to His children.  All that He asks is for our obedience to His Word.  He asks that we love Him  with all our heart, soul and mind.  When we do this the possibilities for our lives are endless.  All we have to do is trust Him. 

Most Gracious Heavenly Father,

Thank you for the plan, purpose and provisions you have set aside for my life.  Help me to be obedient and to do Your will, that which is good,perfect and pleasing in Your sight.  Help my unbelief in situations that seem impossible.  Help me to know that with You all things are possible.  In Jesus' Wonderful Name I pray Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment