Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Monday, November 8, 2010

Wait For The Lord

My word for 2010 has been 'anticipation'. It is no longer about what I can see but instead about what I don't see.  When things around me are not going as I would have hoped, I have great security in knowing that the God I serve is at work on my behalf.  'For I don't look at the things that these feeble eyes can see but instead I fix my eyes on the things I cannot see....(II Corinthians 4:18)  I don't have to be anxious about anything because I can take everything to God in prayer.  (Phil. 4:6)  I don't have to be afraid of the terrors by night nor the arrows that flieth by day.  (Psalms 91:5)  Hit me with your best shot Satan.  You may knock me down but you can't take me out.  Finances may not be right.  Marriage may be shaky.  Friends may have walked away and turned their back on me.  The doctor hasn't given me a good report.  All this going on and yet here I stand, trusting that God will see me through.  Somehow, some way..things are going to work out. 

I learned something today from a scripture that I have known, I believe, since I could talk.  You know the verse...Isaiah 40:31.  I don't want to talk about the entire first... just seven words.  'But they who wait for the Lord...  I realized that in the midst of my trials and tribulations I was waiting not for the Lord but for the extra check in the mail, the new job, my husband to change, etc., etc.  I was not waiting for the Lord to have His way and for His will to be done.  I was waiting for Him to do what I wanted Him to do.  I had come up with the solution to my problem and God just needed to get on board with my program. Whatever was
I thinking?  God needed to get on board with my program?  Maybe the solution was not more money but God trying to show me that I needed to be a better steward with what He had already given me.  Maybe the solution was not that my husband needed to change but instead God was trying to show me how to be submissive and how to love in the way He loves me and how to appreciate my gift.  Maybe the solution was not to get even with the girlfriends who had talked behind my back  and shared my secrets with others but instead maybe God was trying to show me that He alone is who I should trust with my innermost secrets because He is the only one who can do something about them.  Waiting for the Lord means waiting with patient endurance.  It means standing with confidence on His Word.  It means I am expecting the great!  The God I serve is awesome.  He is amazing.  I cannot even fathom the things that He can do for me.  Whatever I may think God can do, the reality is that He can do so much more.  Have you ever seen God show up and show out?  I have...many times over.   Realizing  that I am in control of nothing was one of the best revelations I ever had.  My best laid out plans can go totally awry if God has something else planned for me.  Which is why I began by saying that I don't look at what I can see, instead I use my spiritual vision.  I fix my eyes on Jesus, the author and finisher of my faith. (Hebrews 12:2)  It is in Him that I live and move and have my being.  (Acts 17:28) So I can't say enough that you have to trust Him.  Trust His faithfulness. Hold fast to His promise.  God is working.  He never slumbers or sleeps.  He never grows tired.  He has it all under control. 

Most Gracious Heavenly Father,

Thou who made me and knows all about me.  Thou who knows my innermost thoughts and still loves me anyway.  Great and mighty God, Creator of all things. I give You glory, honor and praise.  While I don't understand everything that is going on in my life, I realize that I don't need to understand because You, O Lord are Sovereign and You have every aspect of my life under control.  Help me to wait on You for my change to come.  I don't want to rely on my own strength instead I acknowledge You and let You direct my path.  To God be the glory.  In Jesus' Wonderful Name I pray Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment