Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Monday, November 29, 2010

God Specializes

An interesting thought I would like to share with you today.  Did you know that you do not have a need that exceeds God's power?  The God I serve specializes in making the impossible possible.  All you have to do is your part by having an action-verb faith.  Not a 'faith' that is in word only but continuously believing in God to always act on your behalf and in your best interests.  This is especially important during those times when you cannot see past what is more than two feet in front of you.  Let's take one more look at the Israelites.  They were so close to their Promised Land yet never entered.  Hebrews 3:19 sums up why?  "So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief."  God had delivered the children of Israel time and time again.  They experienced His many miracles all throughout their journey of trust.  They received the Word from Moses and Aaron.   They had example after example of men of faith....Moses, Aaron, Joshua, Caleb just to name a few.  Yet whenever a choice had to be made either to have faith in God or rely on their own strength, they chose the latter.  It was never enough.  Sound familiar. 

How many times is God going to have to show us who He is for us to believe Him in all circumstances?  Why do we inflict hardship on ourselves through our unbelief? Why is it so difficult to trust God completely?  Instead we put our trust in man.  We trust our jobs, our bosses, our banks, our 401k's to see us through a difficult time.  We put down our sword and take down our shield.  All under the pretense that we can figure things out ourselves.  Well I don't know about you, but my speciality is not in the impossible.  My speciality, most times, is to make a mess out of things.  Even though I feel like I am putting forth my best effort to figure out the situation, the moment I stop trusting God and take back control, that is my first step in making a mess.  Why not leave it in the hands of the one who specializes in the impossible?  He can do what no other power can do. 

Whatever it is that you may be going through today, only believe.  Trust God to do what He does best.  When you are sick you go to the doctor.  You don't try to cure yourself.  Often times if there is a prescription involved you have to take the medication for at least ten days.  This is done so that whatever is ailing you is completely removed from your system.  My problem is that I always stop taking it too early as soon as I start to feel better and sure enough that illness creeps right back on in there.  Had I listened to the physician then I wouldn't have had to go back in for a repeat visit on the same issue.  I didn't trust that what the doctor told me would be to my benefit if I would only believe and follow the instructions given.  The same thing holds true for the Master Physician.  He has given us the prescription to heal all our ailments, to handle any situation.  Our broken hearts, our depression, our anxiety, our stress, our worries, any sickness or disease.  All we have to do is trust Him.  Have faith in Him and believe that what He has said in His Word will come to pass.  We have to hold on to God's unchanging hand.  He knows what is best. God specialize in whatever it is that is bothering You.  His has the power to handle it.  Keep trusting and believing.  He can work it out.  And while you are waiting on Him to work it out, praise Him today. 

Most Gracious Heavenly Father,

Thank you Lord for this day.  At a time when certain things around me seem impossible, I am so glad to know that I serve a God who specializes in the impossible.  I know that at my weakest moment I can always turn to You.  I am exercising my faith and believing that all things will work out for my good. Help me to continue to abide in Your Word and turn to you for guidance in all things.  I know that when I seek You first and Your righteousness all these things will be added unto me.  In Jesus' Wonderful name I pray Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment