Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Friday, November 12, 2010

God Sees

The same message keeps repeating itself over and over again in my head...If you are going to worry Ramona, then why pray.  At times it is hard for me to comprehend the concept that God knew my ending before my beginning and yet He allows me to suffer. During periods of intense suffering for me, I know all the right things to say.  I can tell you what the Word says.  And that matches what I know in my heart of hearts. That still doesn't change the fact that sometimes I can't see my way through.  When I start to think this way I am so thankful for the Christian friends that God has placed in my life.  Those that know something is off kilter and they begin to intercede on my behalf. Not only do they pray but when I talk to them they remind me that I need to stop looking and let God work.  That is what my dear sister said to me today.  "Stop looking and allow God to show me what He wants for me", she said. What a timely word!  After all it's not important what I see.  It is more important what God sees.

Exodus 3:7 says, 'I have indeed seen the misery of my people in Egypt.  I have heard them crying out because of their slave drivers, and I am concerned about their suffering'.  This means that through the entire four hundred plus years of slavery God saw every bit of it. There was not a moment of pain that He did not observe. Not only did He see but He was concerned.  So much so that He decided to meet them at their point of need and deliver them.   I believe that God brings us brings us to a point of need so that we may recognize our ultimate need for total dependence on Him.  He wants to draw us into His presence.  In His presence we find peace.  We find healing.  We find joy.  While we may be looking for one thing, God is providing for us something that will sustain us through the trying times of the future.  Remember this life we live is a journey.  It is a journey of trust.  It is a passage from one point in our lives to another.  That journey from youth to maturity.  'So that we be no more as children' (Ephesians 4:14)  It is not enough to give timely lip service, saying what we believe God and others around us want to here. Total dependence on God requires so much more than surface type faith.  If you are unable to truly rely, lean, depend on God in all things, you will continue to be tossed to and fro.  You will crack under the pressure.  Instead of succumbing to what your physical eyes can see, I challenge you to close your eyes and hear the voice of the Lord your God saying,  "Don't worry.  I have seen your need.  I have heard your cry. Trust me and believe.  I am concerned and I am here to help you."

Most Gracious Heavenly Father,

Today I just want to thank you for the assurance found in Your Word that no matter what I may be facing, You have not abandoned me.  You are fully aware and You are working on my behalf.  Help me to trust that You know what is best for me.  When I feel overwhelmed by what I see in front of me, help me to close my eyes and be guided by You into the provision you have prepared for me.  I will always give Your Name the praise.  In Jesus' Wonderful Name I pray Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment