Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

God's Got It

Whatever you need God's got it.  Note to self.  Just another lesson learned today in my study of the children of Israel's journey through the wilderness. I keep going back to them because it's the best comparison I can make to where my life is right now.  I can relate to them in so many ways.  I prayed and asked God for something.  I prayed this prayer for many years. Just this past January, He provided a way for me to fulfill a dream of mine.  The part of my story that relates the most to the children of Israel is that during this journey I haven't always been able to see a clear path to the Promise Land.  I have been scared that what I needed to take care of my family and obtain my goal would not happen.  I have cried out to the Lord in anger, wondering why there has not been a clear path set before me.  I have found myself complaining and thinking Lord, it would have been better if I just would have kept working and never even went back to school because it has been hard.  I am a wife and a mother.  People depend on me.  What happens if even after all this I still am not able to find a job?  So I cry out to the Lord and tell Him all my concerns.  Do I still close my prayer by saying "I trust you Lord."  Absolutely. 

'But my God shall supply all my needs according to His riches in glory'. (Philippians 4:19)  Not according to the amount of money in my bank account.  Not according to the paycheck I am expecting on Friday.  My needs are met according to what my Heavenly Father has not what I have and this doesn't always mean physical needs  This can also mean spiritual needs like peace of mind and joy.  Another important concept to pay attention to when looking at this verse is the word 'needs'.  We must remember that needs are very different from wants.  Needs are things that are necessary to live.  A want is that which we wish for or desire greatly.  Two very different concepts although you find many of us using them interchangeably. It is very important to understand the difference.  I have found myself on many occasions mad at God not because He had not supplied my needs but because He had not given me what I wanted.  I had not fully grasped the concept that God is able to see my need even before I do.  And because He is 'El Roi' the God who sees, we have nothing to be worried about.  Things may look bad right now but that is when we have to exercise our faith.  Take God at His Word.  Let Him do the problem-solving and you go right on to sleep.  There is no situation too great for Him to handle.  Not only does He see you where you are right now but He sees where you are going.  And without me knowing any details about your current situation I can confidently say that things are looking up in your future because God is in control.  He did not lead you to this point to leave you and let you die in the wilderness.  Maybe this experience is just another opportunity for you to learn to trust God.  To watch Him make a way out of no way.  So that there will not be any doubt in your mind that God did this.  After all, whatever you need God's got it. 

Most Gracious Heavenly Father,

I thank You for being 'the God who sees.  Even before I am fully aware of what is even going on.  You are my water in dry places, my bread when I am hungry.  I can look to the hills from whence cometh my help because I know that all my help comes from You.  I also have the assurance in knowing that when I seek you first not only will you supply my needs but sometimes you are gracious enough to grant me the desires of my heart.  Help me not to have an attitude of complaining but a heart of praise for I know that all things are working out for my good.  In Jesus' Wonderful Name I pray Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment