Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Stop Your Worrying

Any day is a good day for reflection.  So as I reflect I thought I would give you a moment to reflect also. How are you doing on your journey of trust?  Take a minute and think about it.  In fact give yourself a grade.  Now this information doesn't need to be shared with anyone else. But you know my philosophy, we should all be striving to be better.  And I, for one, am glad I am not what I was even two days ago.  In just that amount of time God reminded me that it is He, and only He, who is in control.  For the past week or so I have been tired.  The year is drawing to a close and already I was looking ahead to next year. Worrying about tomorrow, instead of enjoying my today.  I had been having these awful crying spells and couldn't even really explain why. I feel led today to share with you some verses that helped to remind you of the goodness of the Lord and why it just doesn't pay too worry. 

"Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?  Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? Therefore do not be anxious, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. "Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble. ---Matthew 6:25-34

This is the time of year when so many people start looking at what they don't have, what they may not be able to provide.  They start feeling sorry for themselves.  Society tells us that we have to have all the latest gadgets.  They tell us that our children have to have all the latest gadgets.  Advertisements bombard our televisions sets and our emails.  Right after Halloween there is an immediate jump to Christmas.  Just this past weekend my neighbors were outside putting up their Christmas decorations. If you go into most retail shops, anything related to Thanksgiving is already priced at a discount.  We are so busy worrying about what we are going to get that we forget to give thanks to the one who has provided everything for us this past year.  Yes, there may have been some rocky times but through it all God has blessed you.  I  dare you to take out a sheet of paper and just list out your blessings.  And if you can list your blessings when you know your circumstances and then you can still sit there and worry about tomorrow, something is wrong.  I'm sure there are some of you that may have legitimate concerns.  Foreclosure notice, cut-off notice, legal matters, no income coming in whatsoever.  Picking which bill to pay this month and what you may have to postpone till next month just to buy groceries.  Some of you may have food but you are eating the same thing every day.  Some of you may be battling health issues, not knowing what tomorrow will bring. Some of you may be having relationship issues. Some of you may just be suffering from being alone.  There are all sorts of things I could talk about but at the end of the day, God is still good and as long as He is sitting on the throne there is no need to worry. 

One thing you have to come to realize it that God loves you.  I know that I will do anything for the people I love. God did that already when He sent His darling son Jesus to die on the cross for our sins.  He didn't have to do that but He did it because He loves us.  And because he loves us that means He cares when He sees us suffering.  However He allows us to suffer to draw us closer to Him. Seek Him first and in all things.  Don't stop praying when times are rough.  In fact, you should pray more.  Search the scriptures and ask God to give you a word to strengthen your feeble body.  The Bible says that 'He giveth power to the faint and to them that have no might He increases strength'.  ---Isaiah 40:29  When you seek the Lord first you come to know the very characteristics of God.  You realize that part of knowing Him is realizing that with Him comes full care and provision.  You stand firmly on the Word that says, 'And my God shall supply my every need according to His riches in glory'. ---Philippians 4:19   Bottom line is either you believe it or you don't.  One very important key to living a victorious life is trust in God.  Without it you are still bound and not free.  The God I serve came to set  the captives free.  It really is as simple as it sounds, 'Cast all your cares (anxieties, worries, burdens) on Him, for He cares for you'.---I Peter 5:7

Most Gracious Heavenly Father, 

Jehovah Jirah my provider. I am coming to You today because in Your Word you say, come to me all ye who are burdened and heavy laden and I will give you rest.  I don't want to carry this anymore.  I need your help seeing past my current circumstance to the provision I know you have prepared for me.  Lord I want to live a victorious life, not one like that of the unbeliever but one who recognizes the power, provision and protection that comes from serving the Living God.  I thank you for all that You have done for me.  I know that I have done nothing by myself.  I will continue to praise You and thank You for you are worthy to be praised.  In Jesus' Wonderful Name I pray Amen. 

2 comments:

  1. Stop Your Worrying

    Ramona:
    This was for me I got some thing going on in my life that I am worrying But God is in control.

    ReplyDelete