Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

He Wants It All

The past couple of days my spirit has been so full not because of anything extraordinary that has done for me but just because GOD IS.  Now I can take that statement and complete it with so many things and I am sure that you can do.  God is my provider.  God is my refuge.  God is my hope.  God is my hiding place.  God is my strong tower.  God is my confidante.  God is my leaning post. God is my deliverer.  God is my everything.  As I sat and reflected on who God is to me I felt a sudden urge to ask Him what He wanted from me. I know that God does what He does not because of anything I have done but because of who He is.  Just the fact that He saved me should stir up a proper response. He provides for me grace and new mercy every morning.  It would take me forever to tell you the ways He has made for me and the doors He has opened for me.  And He will continue to do all these things for me in spite of me. One thing I was taught by my parents is that people don't have to be nice to you.  I know that most people say that when someone is nice to you, the least you could do is say thank you.  I will take it a step further and say that when someone is nice to you that you shouldn't only say "Thank you", but you should also want to give them something in return. 

No one has done more for you than God.  Yes, there may be some significant people who have been God's instruments to bless you. However, the bottom line  is that God is the one behind the scenes who has orchestrated each and every blessing in your life. So what does God want from you in return?  He wants it all!  He wants your heart.  He wants your time.  He wants your dedication.  He wants your total commitment.  Not only does He want these things from you, He requires them. 

Romans 12:1 says it best.  'I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service'. 

I like the way the Message Bible puts it.  'So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him'.

There isn't any part of your life that the Lord does not want.  You may not think that you have much to offer Him.  Sometimes I look at my life and think that I am so messed up. But then I remember, little becomes much when you place it in the Master's hands.  I am still on the potter's wheel.  Another thing to remember is that as He changes you to look more like Him, every now and then He takes you through the review process.  When this takes place He looks you over and deems what branches are bearing good fruit and that which is not he prunes.  This is not a painless process. That is why it is helpful if you have a submissive and willing heart.  He wants to be first in Your life.  That means you must move aways from all the things that have become distractions and focus on Him.  I know that there are many things that require your time and energy.  On any given day I wear many different hats.  I am a wife, a mother, a sister, a friend, a confidante, a student, a classmate, etc. etc.  But the hat that stands out above all the rest and the one that I must never take off is my helmet of salvation.  Every moment of my life I am a child of God.  I don't have the option of taking this hat off because if I do then I am not doing a good job of representing my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  I don't know what is going on in your life right now. But what I do know is that nothing is more important than your relationship with Christ.  He wants to use you and He needs a full commitment from you in order to use you.  Now you can come willingly or you can come kicking and screaming.  Either way God will be glorified.  The choice is yours.  Are you willing to give Him all of you? 

Most Gracious Heavenly Father,

Today I just want to thank You for being God.  You are the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end.  I present myself to you a living sacrifice, to be used in thy service any way You see fit.  I know that I am not worthy but I also know that You made me and You know all about me.  What better hands for me to be in than the One who created me.  Thank You for saving me.  Thank You for loving me.  Search me Lord and try me.  Test me and if you find anything in me that shouldn't be take it out.  I will always give Your name the glory, honor and the praise.  In Jesus Wonderful Name I pray Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment