Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A Unique Partnership

By myself I can do nothing, with God I can do anything.  God did not intend for you to go through this life trying to make it on your own.  He divinely designed it so that for every situation you have in life He is there to see you through.  He is not only there to see you through it.  He is right there walking beside you and at times He even carries you when the burdens of this old life get to heavy.  My problems come when I forget to turn everything over to God and I try to do things on my own.  I don't know what makes me do this.  Life experiences  have shown me that God is in control and I can't do anything by myself.  If God chose to take me from this earth right now He could and I wouldn't have anything to say about it.  If God chose to remove His hedge of protection from me and take everything away from me that I own, I would have no choice but to deal with it.  I couldn't all of a sudden snap my fingers three times and everything reappear all of a sudden. I don't have that kind of power. But I know someone who does...God.  Because of His power and His strength, I am able to do much greater things than I could ever do on my own.  It's what  I like to call my unique partnership.  My weakness combined with His strength.  My frailties combined with His power.  All He ask me to do is trust Him.  Trust that He knows best.

I must admit that sometimes I take God for granted.  It is so easy to become comfortable in our daily routine and think that we are doing it on our own.  We are taught self-sufficiency from birth.  I remember telling a good friend of mine that I was going to have a party as soon as my youngest daughter turned five.  By the time she turned five she would be able to do everything on her own.  Little did I know that even though I had taught her most of the things she needed so that she didn't have to come to momma for everything, that there would still be many things that she would need me for.  That's the way it is with God.  Although He is teaching us and developing us, training us to do His work, the true believer in Christ never becomes self-sufficient.  We need God.  That is why we must never forget to thank Him for everything that He gives us the power to do.  Speaking about my own life, I know that there are times when I don't thank Him for the little things that He does for me every day.  When I wake up in the morning do I thank Him because He gave me the breath of life on this day.  I could have died in my sleep.  I don't always thank Him for the ability I have to walk and talk, just to be in my right mind.  All of these things are possible because of God.  Then I think about the goals I have set in my life. How have I been able to accomplish them?  But by the grace of God. I must always remember that 'It is God that worketh in me, both to will and to do of His good pleasure'. (Philippians 2:13)   God is working out His will for my life.  This isn't something that He just decided on a whim.  It is His carefully designed master plan.  It is his studied intent to fulfill a planned purpose.  None of it is by chance.  If I am successful in anything it is because God so designed it to be so.  And even if I fail at something it is because God has something better for me.  This is good news.  Too often have I sat around and wallowed because I wasn't able to accomplish some goal or maybe my best intentions just didn't turn out right.  Because I am certain that the will of God and His purpose will be fulfilled for my life then I can move on with my head held high, seeking God for the next step in my journey. 

Most Gracious Heavenly Father,

I come to you today just to thank You for your awesome power and for Your unconditional love.  I thank you Father because Your strength is made perfect in my weakness.  I realize that I can do nothing without You.  Help me to accept those things that happen in my life as part of Your master plan.  Forgive me of all my sins in word, thought or deed.   I will continue to give You all the glory, honor and the praise. In Jesus' Wonderful Name I pray Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment