Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Monday, November 15, 2010

Consistency

Here I am again experiencing yet another important lesson during my journey of trust.  This lesson is about consistency.  One thing that is important in maintaining relationships with me is consistency.  I expect those that I interact with to be consistent, true to their word.  I expect them to be the same no matter what is going on in their lives.  If I need them they should be there.  This goes for anyone in my life who I deem important. The same thing goes for me.  As a friend I expect no more of others than I expect to give myself.  Over time I have noticed that not even my closest friends are always the same.  This isn't anything that makes me love them any less in fact it has been instrumental in drawing us closer together. How?  Because they too experiences life's ups and down.  They also have to navigate through life's twist and turns.  They too are susceptible to the same attacks from Satan that I am faced with.  It would really be unfair of me to place expectations upon them when it is obvious that they are limited in their ability to handle life's tests and trials just like me. We are drawn closer through our trials because we are able to share our stories about the consistency of God.  It helps me to know that someone else has experienced first hand the power of God to move mountains, to heal, to provide. It doesn't matter if it is five o'clock in the morning or twelve o'clock at night.  He is always there to hear my cry.  He never slumbers or sleeps.  He is not limited by time or emotions.  He is a doctor who has never lost a patient.  He is a lawyer who has never lost a case. When I think about the consistency of God,  I can't help but talk about His faithfulness.  No matter what mistakes I make I can always rely of the faithfulness of God.

'It is because of the Lord's mercy and loving-kindness that we are not consumed, because His [tender] compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great and abundant is Your stability and faithfulness'. ---   Lamentations 3: 22-23 


I can rely on the faithfulness of God.  He knows everything there is to know about me.  He is not surprised when I make a mistake.  In fact, He takes those mistakes and uses them as teaching tools to help me to become the person He wants me to be.  For the scripture says, 'But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.— Job 23:10 If that isn't an example of the faithfulness of God then I don't know what is.  It should be the very thing that makes me want to serve Him.  It should make me want to express that same kindness to those I come in contact with.  After all, what is the Christian life about if it is not about sharing the goodness of God with others.  Through my journey of trust where God is shaping me and molding me in His image by allowing me to suffer need and realize my limitations, there is one thing that holds true... the consistency of God.  Through thousands of years, from the children of Israel to the modern day depression of 2010, God is everything that we need.  Things may not look the way we want them to right now but God's faithfulness in the past is the evidence we need to keep trusting Him.  It lets us know that everything is going to be alright.  The grass withers and the flower fades, but the Word of the Lord shall stand --- Isaiah 40:8.  In His Word are His promises for His children and He is no respecter of persons --- Romans 2:11.  What He has done for others, He can and will do for me. 


Most Gracious Heavenly Father,

I come to You right now in the humblest way I know how.  I come to You today with an attitude of gratitude and a heart of praise for the One who has given me every good and perfect gift that I possess.  I thank You Lord for your faithfulness.  Help me to be more consistent in the time I spend with You.  Let my light so shine that others may see You through me.  In Jesus' Wonderful Name Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment