Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

An Ever-Present Help

I love how God's Word is able to just jump out and grab you.  It provides comfort for your soul.  The Word of God was just that for me today.  My sleep has been off.  Once again I couldn't get my mind to stop working...and man was it in overtime.  I was worrying about this and that.  Trying to control the situation on my own. Thinking about what could happen.  All of sudden the Holy Spirit brought Psalms 46:1 to my remembrance.  'God is our refuge and our strength, and ever present help in times of trouble.'  Thank you Jesus!

While I was sitting there worrying about situations that were beyond my control, God was reminding me that He is always there when I need Him. It doesn't matter what is going on all around me.  He is my protection from danger or trouble.  That means things that I get myself into and those things I am not even aware of.  You see, I might not always make the best decisions but God is looking out for me.  Not only is He my protection but He also is my strength.  I need to make a difficult decision.  I might not have the courage on my own and yet, He provides me the strength to do it.  He stands up in me.  Things around me may be close to utter destruction and I don't have to worry.  This is when the Word of God has what I like to call, a calming effect.  All worry must cease.  God is in control.  Nothing you haven't already heard before, just a reminder that God is.   What is He?  Whatever you need Him to be.  ALWAYS!!!! This is when I begin to shout because I was reminded once again that God is ever-present.  At all times.  In every circumstance.  Invariably.  Not the ones I deem to be easy but the most difficult ones. This one thing I can be sure of.  You see, if I mess up too many times I am not sure if my friend will be there, my family, my spouse but God will always be there. Stop your worrying and your stressing.  Though the very bottom may be about to fall out from under you, God sees, He knows and He cares.  And that's enough for me. 

We serve a God that sits high and looks low.  We don't have to worry about bugging Him too much or being afraid to ask for what we need.  And even when our prayers may be more about what we want want, Jesus himself, intercedes on our behalf and asks God for what we need.  That is wonderful news. 

Dear Lord,

Thank you for being my protection and my strength.  Thank you for always being there even at those times when I ignore you and don't spend time with you.  You never leave my side.  I can look to You and know that everything is going to be alright.  Sometimes it feels as though my very life is falling apart and nothing is going as planned.  That is when I am so glad that You, Oh Lord, are in charge of my life and all I have to do is follow your direction.  I have felt alone some days and I just want to thank you for Your Holy Spirit that provides comfort to me.  I am reassured that I am never alone.  Help me to rely more on You and know that all things are working together for my good.  In Jesus Wonderful Name Amen. 

2 comments:

  1. Ramona:
    You know it do feels like thing are falling out of the box. And you are right my planned are not going like I wanted, But God, But God is in charge and he work every thing out Girl I love you keep writing

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I can relate but as long as I know He is in control I am okay with that. I believe God takes notice to how we react while in the storm.

    ReplyDelete