Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Monday, September 6, 2010

God Never Fails

I wonder if the people who were effected by Hurrican Katrina in Louisiana ever thought that things would turn around.  Let's go back even further and ask the people who were affected by the May 3rd tornadoes in Oklahoma thought they would ever be able to rebuild.  I am reminded of when the economy took a turn for the worse and job after job was lost, company after company closed down.  People lost their homes, their cars, their spouses.  It was reported that during that time suicide rate was the highest it had been in a long time.  People were going about their lives as normal and then the bottom fell out.  I am sure that the people affected by these events were not focused on the power of God.  All they could see was the devastation.  Much like me today. Things are not going as I would have hoped but I am reminded of a hymn that says..."My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus blood and righteousness.  I dare not trust the sweetest frame but holy lean on Jesus name.  On Christ the solid rock I stand!"

Sometimes it is difficult to see God in the midst of everything going on.  But I am here to let you know that He is there.  When Hurricane Katrina came, the May 3rd tornadoes, the crash on Wall Street, the downturn of the automoile industry, your kids' misbehavior, your spouse walking out the door, the death of a loved one, the end of what you thought was a promising relationship, the end of a long-time friendship. In the midst of all these things, God was there.  He had never left.  In fact, this is when God is able to do some of His best work.  When He is able to step in and show that no one or anything could make this situation better except for an All-powerful God.  There may have been some people sitting there thinking, "I have never had anything really bad happen in my life before and now this."  So we begin to scramble around trying to put the pieces of our life back together again...or at least some resemblance of it, but even that isn't working.  Nothing you try to do on your own is working.  What's left to do?  I guess I'll pray. 

Now this may not be an exact replica of how you handle your crisis situations but I would almost bet that you don't turn to God first the way that you should.  I wonder how different things would have been if you had prayed first, left it with Him and trusted Him.  He is actually the only one in your life that has never let you down.  Oh sure, when things go sour in our lives we sometimes pinpoint God as the cause of our suffering.  Sometimes you might be correct.  God might have allowed it to take place in order to move you to a higher place in Him.  Even if that is the case, He is still the only one who is able to turn the situation around for your good.  GOD NEVER FAILS.  Whatever it is you are going through. You may be ready to give up.  I just wanted to tell you to hold on.  Have a little faith. Just the size of a mustard seed. (Matthew 17:20)  He can turn your situation around.  No matter what things look like in front of you.  Finances may be next to nothing.  Marriage may seem loveless.  Job may seem hopeless.  I serve a God who is able to do exceedingly abundantly.  He is able to multiply your little to much just like He did with the fish and the loaves of bread.  It is time out for being tossed to and fro and being on the verge of giving up everytime the wind blow and the waves toss.  God is able to say...Peace be still in your life.  Your sole source of dependence has to be God.  No matter how dark the night or how cloudy the day. I will say it again....GOD NEVER FAILS

Dear Lord,

I have to confess that the situation I am going through right now looks awful bad.  I believe that You are an able God but right now I am having a conflict between what I see and what I don't see.  You have brought me out of situations like this before, I know, and yet I'm still struggling.  I want to believe.  Help me to believe.  Thank you Father.  In Jesus' Wonderful Name Amen. 

4 comments:

  1. Ranona:
    Oh Girl I need this word today !
    Look like yesterday and today it been one thing after another. This has not been a good weekend for me at all. And I confess that the situation
    I am going through looks awful bad. But I know that you are a God that able but right Know I am still struggling.I want to believe. help me to believe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just keep believing and trusting in Him. He is able to do more than we can imagine. Believing in Him just makes our lives easier because worrying is deadly. I know from experience. I will keep praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have dealt with many situations in the past and even now. We have to realize as Christians to stand up on the word of God. God allows situations to happen to trust and depend on him to know that he will not fail us. I am in a transition in my life with health, I have to constantly encourage myself and believe that God is yet a healer. He has been there for me once and he will be there for me again. He is able to do just what he said he is going to do. We have to have the faith to believe it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chan,

    That is exactly right. We must stand on the Word of God. That is what Jesus used Himself when He was tempted. It is easy to look at our on weaknesses but God is the same yesterday today and forever. He can still heal. He is still doing miracles. Just have faith!

    ReplyDelete