Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

God Is Bigger

For the past couple of days I have been singing a song that says, 'Oh magnify the Lord with me. Let us exalt His name together. As we enter into the house of the Lord, we sing praises...praises to our King.  For the Lord, He is great and is worthy to be praised, magnify Him and lift Him up.'  I hadn't actually thought about this song in a long time but it rose up in my spirit and I just started singing. It reminded me of a beautiful concept that I had forgotten.  My God is bigger!!!! He is bigger than any problem I might face.  He is bigger than any obstacle that may be thrown in my way.  He is bigger than any of Satan's attacks that try to deter me from my goal.  There is nothing that my God cannot handle, no problem that He cannot solve.  But this past week I had forgotten this concept and had become too focused on the problem.  There I was in bed wide awake and the words of this song came to my mind. So I begin to sing. 

When the world seems like it is crumbling in all around you and your best effort at having a positive outlook fails, what do you do?  You try to explain it to friends and loved ones, but they just don't understand.  In fact, you get upset because they aren't as worried about what is going on as you are.  Your every thought is consumed with the issues of life.  Today I am stopping by to tell you that it is time to stop focusing on the problem and time to start looking up to God.  Stop amplifying your problem and start praising God.  The effects of my praising God was enormous!  I could no longer feel sorry for myself.  I could no longer act like those who have no hope.  I had hope!  My hope was in Jesus.  The one who made the heaven and the earth.  It was no longer about me.  It was about God.  He would not fail me.  God is a great God.  Worthy of honor and glory. God is not unaware of the situations that are going on in your life.  Take some time and read the 40th Chapter of Isaiah.  'Have you not known?  Have you not heart?  The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.  He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and to them that have no might he increases strength.  Even youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall fall exhausted;  but they that wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.  (v28-31)

You may be tired but the God you serve never grows tired.  This problem that you are going through is simple to God.  Stop trying to understand why.  We have got to get in the habit of looking at the bigger picture.  We don't know the path that God is taking you through for His greater glory, to fulfill the promise that He has made to you.  But I guarantee that He has not forgotten and He is just wanting you to trust Him.  Have a little faith.  Satan loves to creep up in your mind, trying to make you doubt God.  But God is bigger than Satan.  He has all power in His hands.  Trust Him.  Trust Him Trust Him.  He did not bring you this far just to leave you.  God will be glorified.  I have no doubt.  Keep praying.  Hold on.  Allow this situation to bring you closer to God.  Magnify Him.  Use Faith the size of a mustard seed to activate the power of  an enormous God.

Dear Lord,

My hope is in You.  I will not be afraid of the terror by night nor the arrow that flieth by day.  I choose to dwell in Your secret place.  A place where I can find refuge and strength in my time of need.  It doesn't matter what is going on around me, I will trust You.  You are an awesome God, worthy of all the honor and the praise.  I will not be defeated.  I know your plans for me are for prosperity, hope and a future.  And all these things are done so that you will be glorified.  So I surrender all to you.  I give you my doubt, my fear, my anxiety.  I turn it all over to You.  Thank you Lord for being my everything.  In Jesus' Wonderful Name Amen. 

1 comment: