Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Praise Him Anyhow

More than I can say..."I Love the Lord".  Yes I do.  He is the lover of my soul.  He walks with me and talks with me.  He orders my steps. (Ps. 119)  He directs my path. (Prov. 3) He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in Him I am trusting.  (Ps. 91)  As I meditate on His Word, both day and night, I find myself becoming like a tree planted by the rivers of water.  My leaves won't wither and everything I do will prosper. (Ps.1) The issues of life may try to overtake my soul but I will not worry because in my thirty-six years on this earth, I have never seen God not work it out for my good. (Rom. 8)  When others around me try to put me down, I hold my head up high because I know that I am fearfully and wonderfully made.  (Ps. 139)  I am beginning to see myself more and more through His eyes. 

I woke up this morning with the praises of God on my lips.  I looked all around me and saw how good God has been to me.  So much better than I have even been to myself.  I realized that in my search to find a better life, it has been here all along, inside of me.  This better life has nothing to do with the material things I possess but it comes with the peace of mind I have each and every day when I realize that God is still sitting on the throne.  It's the joy that is everlasting and doesn't fade away like happiness that is dependant upon my circumstances.  It's knowing that Jesus came that I might have life and have it more abundantly (John 10:10) and the only person that has been standing in the way of my living this abundant life is ME.  God's intention has always been for me to enjoy my life and those that He has chosen for me to share my life with.  It's time out for me to be walking around feeling sorry for myself because something didn't go according to my plans. Instead I should be praising God because He thought enough of me not to leave me to my own devices.  I can only imagine how messed up my life would be if He had. 

Now even with the revelation in my spirit of how good my God is, I still don't do everything right.  There are days when I have to fight off that spirit of depression that tries to take up residence in my mind. However, I am determined that I should have the mind of Christ.  (I Cor. 2:16) Each day I thank Him for His Holy Spirit.  The Holy Spirit that dwells within me guiding me into all truth.  (Jn. 16:13)  The Holy Spirit that nudges me into making wise decisions.  The Holy Spirit that reminds me of the Word that has been planted in my heart. It's just good to know God.  Ain't He wonderful!  The devil would have it that I am sitting up worried and stressing about things that are going on in my life right now but I am not going to give into it.  Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world.  (I Jn. 4:4) 

This is not my typical writing but today is not a typical day.  Some days it is a struggle just for me to want to do anything.  I could give in to just seeing my circumstances, but I will not.  I am going to continue on in the Lord.  I am going to put on my armor, take up my sword.  Realize that this is just a passing storm and know that my soul is anchored in Jesus.  Maybe today you are struggling with being able to to see past your circumstances.  I encourage you to begin to meditate on His Word.  Keep your thoughts on things above.  Paul tells us to 'take every thought captive'.  (II Cor. 10:5) When you start to think those thoughts of defeat,  take a second and ask yourself, "Does this thought line up with God's Word and what He has purposed for me as His child?"  We are destined for victory. Yes, we will be tried by the fire but we will come out as pure gold.  Our trials come to make us strong.  Stop feeling sorry for yourself.  God is still working.  He sees your struggle.  You are never alone.  People may turn their backs on you but the God I serve never will.  Hang in there.  This too shall pass.  God is not a man that He should lie. Everything He has said in His Word will come to pass. 

Most Gracious and Heavenly Father, I come to You today just to say thank you.  Thank you because you have not left me out here all alone to deal with these trials by myself.  Today I acknowledge Your power.  I thank you for Your grace and Your mercy.  I thank you for Your Word that lives in me.  I bind those negative thoughts and replace them with those things that are true, noble, right, pure, lovely and admirable. My prayer today is that You continue to reveal to me those things I need daily to live a life that is pleasing in Your sight.  I am but a vessel that desires to be used by You.  Lord, please forgive me of all my sins. Those that I have committed in word, thought or deed.  Thank you for your forgiveness.  Please continue to remove from me those things that are not like you.  I will forever give You all the glory and honor You deserve.  In Jesus' Wonderful Name I pray Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Ramona:

    Wonderful We just had a little church in this office. Ramona God has really got a call on your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To God be the glory! Without Him I would be nothing.

    ReplyDelete