Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Be Anxious for Nothing

I need to revisit a topic that I have talked about before.  It is so easy to become consumed with worry.  Looking only at our situation and focusing on how bad it is.  I sat for hours today just watching my daughter as she lie there helpless, complaining of a pain in her stomach.  She wasn't eating or drinking and had slept for the past two days.  I didn't know what to do.  I had prayed but I couldn't shake that feeling of anxiety.  So I began to speak to my spirit, "Be anxious for nothing but in everything with prayer and petition with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."  Philippians 4:6-7 

I felt a little bad at first because here I am worrying when I know the power of the God I serve.  I believe with all my heart what He is able to do. But this is my daughter....my baby girl.  I have to confess I was worried.  I couldn't do anything to help her.  (my weakness)  So I prayed again, not for my daughter to be healed but for God to help my anxiety.  I confessed my weakness to Him, stopped looking at the situation and just begin to believe that God had it all under control.  You see, that is what I believe Paul meant in these verses.  He knew that we would worry.  After all, we are human.  But we shouldn't worry all the time.  Our faith should replace our anxiety.  When anything burdens our spirits, we must ease our minds with prayer IMMEDIATELY.  We, as Christians, should not worry as those who have no hope.  Our hope is in Jesus.  Our prayers have to become second nature.  Is something troubling you?  Pray about it.  What better way to ease your troubled mind!  Sure, we will have every day common concerns but they shouldn't consume our thoughts.  Now I can only tell you about my personal experiences, but no sooner than I prayed the second time did I start to feel so much better.  I even let my daughter go sleep in her own bed.  It's amazing how quickly God's Word proved to be true.  And it wasn't even that my daughter was better.  It's just that I decided to let God do what He does best.  Don't you know that God knows our needs before we tell Him, but when we tell Him we show our dependence on Him.  I know that life can cause you to worry and be anxious but you don't have to be.  It's time to turn it all over to God.  Let Him handle it.  Stop stressing.  We serve a MIGHTY GOD! 


Dear Lord,

Thank you for being Jehovah Jirah, my Provider, Jehovah Rapha, my Healer, Jehovah Shalom, my Prince of Peace.  Thank you for caring enough about me to take care of all my needs.  I confess that I have been a little anxious.  I am not sure what the future holds.  My finances are crazy.  My relationship isn't going as I would like.  My child is sick.  My job is not very stable.  But Lord I am trusting in You.  I am casting all my cares on You.  I don't want to worry anymore.  Thank You Lord for loving me.  I know that it is because You love me that you continue to meet my needs.  For this I am so grateful.  I love you Lord.  In Jesus' Wonderful Name Amen. 

2 comments:

  1. Ramona Ramona

    What a word! You just help me I am casting all my care on the good Lord and he will work it out. You are helping me alot keep writing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most people don't realize it but I write in the midst of my suffering. And I truly believe with all my heart that God is working things out for our good. Just continue to trust Him.

    ReplyDelete