Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Know Your Worth

Do you really ever get to the point that no matter what things look like, you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God has the situation under control and everything will be alright?  The point that the words you say are not just lip service but evidence of your strong faith in God?  Is your desire to get to the point that you can answer this question YES, without any hesitation?  As a child of God, your answer should be YES!  How do you get to the point that you have that type of blind faith?  Faith in God that when the world is falling in all around you, you can look the devil in the eye and say..."Is that all you got?"  I cannot answer that for you but I can tell you how I got there.  It was in the eye of the storm that I learned for myself who God is in a personal way.  And it is through every additional test and trial that I go through that I come to know Him in an even more intimate way and know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God will take care of me. 

I know that the devil is busy planting all kind of negative thoughts in your mind. Trying to make you think during your most difficult times, where is your God now? It is during those times when you must stand on His Word. Believe the Word when it says,

'Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh; is there anything too hard for Me? (Jer. 32:27) 

'Behold, the Lord's hand is not shortened at all, that it cannot save, nor His ear dull with deafness, that it cannot hear'. (Isaiah 59:1)

'Give your burdens to the LORD, and he will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall'. (Psalms 55:22)

You see, although my God sits high, He looks low.  He is able to reach you at your lowest point.  You are valuable to God.  Recall what was said in Matthew 6:26,  'Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they'?  You must know your worth and also believe that God knows exactly what you need.  The battle that you fight is the Lord's.  Are you feeling weak right now at this moment?  Don't have anything left in you to fight?  His Word says, 'He giveth power to the faint and to them that have no might He increases strength.  (Isaiah 40:29).  Now is not the time to give up.   I tell you today... hold on, be strong, it's only a test.  God will give you strength for your journey.  I am witness. In every situation in my life, it was Jesus that brought me out.  There is no doubt in my mind. The God I serve is an awesome God!  He is able to do exceedingly abundantly more than I could ever ask or imagine.  Tell God what you need. Even though as Christians we know that we must endure hard times, it is okay to ask God for some relief. 

Dear Lord,

I come to you today giving you praise for being such an awesome God.  I come to you today giving all my burdens to You for you are my heavy load sharer. I give you all my worry and every bit of my doubt.   I stand today in faith, believing that what you have promised me in Your Word will come to pass.  No longer will I limit You with my unbelief. In Jesus' Wonderful Name Amen. 

1 comment: