Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Is There Anything Too Hard For God?

Today I am reminded of the very simple fact that God has a purpose for my life.  And so, I wanted to stop by and remind you that God has a purpose for your life.  No matter where are right now and how many times you may wonder what this trial has to do with your purpose, rest assured that God does have a purpose for your life. Now I don't know about, but I have taken many detours in getting to my purpose. Most of the detours were caused by my own hand.  However, my stubbornness or my pragmatic attempts to help God do not take anything away from God's ability. 

I was reading the story of Sarah.  You know Sarah, the wife and half-sister of Abraham.  The one who gave birth to Isaac.  She was told her purpose but she didn't believe it.  In fact, she laughed at God.  Didn't He know how old she was?  The real question of the day was didn't He know how old Abraham was?  I can only imagine the moments of doubt she had when she was sitting alone.  I can only imagine the insecurity she felt, especially when she looked all around her at the other women (much younger women) who were having children.  Why do you think she went to Hagar? Apparently she thought God needed a little help.  Can you relate?  What has God revealed to you about your purpose?  What circumstances are blinding your view to see the power of God to accomplish the purpose God has for your life?  Sarah, like so many of us, were looking at her limitations.  I believe that despite our frailties, our lack of faith and our self-reliance, God accomplishes His purpose.  Sometimes He has to go around us or move us out of the way.  Nevertheless, you can have confidence in knowing that if He said it, it will come to pass. 

It's funny that after Sarah laughed at the mere thought of having a baby, God's response was simple.  "Is there anything too hard for the Lord?"  Whatever situation you may be in and how far away your goals may seem to be, if they are in God's plan and will for your life, it will happen.  I have learned that God can use anybody to help achieve His purpose and while we may have limitations, we serve a limitless God.  As I look back over my life, I am able to see God directing me toward His purpose.  There were times I had other things in mind but I always seemed to come back to the same place.  That is why we must abide in Him, stay in tune with His voice.  Before you were conceived He knew what it was He planned for you to do.  After all, He knows everything about you. (Even those things you try so hard to hide from everybody else.)  I am a witness that He can take even those things and use them for His glory.  My brother and my sister, I am here to tell you that there is nothing too hard for God.  Trust Him.  If He said it...it will definitely come to pass.

Dear Lord,

Father, I just want to praise you.  You are the Alpha and the Omega.  The beginning and the end.  I have a confession to make.  My faith is lacking.  I really don't see where you are taking me and what this thing I am going through has anything to do with it.  I want to trust You more.  I know that you are a limitless God and You are able to do exceedingly abundantly more than I could ever ask for for even imagine.  I know that you have a purpose for my life.  Help to me follow You withe complete obedience.  I know that I can do all things through You who gives me strength.  Thank You for thinking enough about me to use me in Thy service.  I submit to You.  In Jesus' Wonderful Name Amen. 

6 comments:

  1. Ramona:

    Wonderful Wonderful Keep doing what you are doing God is so wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great way to feel. God is always at work and everything He does is Wonderful. Be blessed my sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK YOU FOR BEING AN ABLE GOD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is the supplier of every need. So there is nothing to hard for MY GOD!!! I LOVE TO GO AND GET WHERE I NEED SUPPLIES AND THAT FROM MY GOD!!! THANK YOU GOD FOR BEING MY SUPPLIER...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks be to God, in all his Glory. This is just what I needed, (to be reminded)sometimes we loose sight. Thanks for being his tool to service us (help) who need reminding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Each of you keep me so encouraged. I love to see people growing in the Lord!

    ReplyDelete