Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Thursday, September 16, 2010

My God...My Everything

There is no one like the Lord.  He is the source of my strength. My everything.  I just love to give Him praise.  When I rise, I think of His goodness. All day long I think of His power. I ask Him for wisdom.  I live to please Him.  And when I go to bed at night I thank Him for watching over me and protecting me and loving me.  Anybody understand what I am talking about?  Have you developed that type of relationship with the Lord that He is your everything?  In this life, there are many things we want.  Things that consume our thoughts and the majority of our time.  Where does the Lord fit in?  Is He at the top, in the middle or at the bottom of this list?  Be honest.  Today I was reading in the book of Psalms. I found words that echoed what my heart was filling.  When you get a chance, read the entire psalm.  Here are a few verses. 

' O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you.  My soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water.  So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary, beholding your power and glory.  Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you.  So I will bless you as long as I live; in your name I will lift up my hands'.  (63:1-4)

The Psalmist was clearly writing about his personal relationship with God.  Even in the midst of his wilderness he continued to reflect on his love for his God and more importantly God's love for him.  He wasn't focused on getting out of the wilderness.  He decided to worship Him while in the wilderness.  I believe David was on to something.  He realized that even in the midst of His circumstances God was still God, and that was saying alot. Have you ever been sitting there on a bad day and start to think about God?  I don't know about you, but it's almost as if the day has started over.  You realize that even when it seems you are standing alone, you have God.  Your Personal Saviour.  There is nothing like it.  And what about His unfailing, unconditional love.  Have you come to realize that God's love is better than life?  David did.  Stop right now and tell yourself that God loves you.  It is because of that love that He sent His Son, Jesus, to die on the cross for your sins.  That same love gives us grace.  That same love gives us new mercies every morning. That same love forgives us when we confess our sins and remembers them no more. That same loves grants us the privilege of prayer where we can go boldly before the throne.  We can tell God everything without fear of being laughed at or made to feel stupid.  This same God has shown you His power and glory.  You ought to praise Him.  I look at it like this. There is not one person on this earth that has done for me what God has done. God saved me.  He saved me from a burning hell.  He continues to save me from myself everyday.  I can't help but praise Him.  Trouble all around me, I'm still going to praise Him.  Stress, frustration, sleepless nights, I'm still going to worship Him.  When life goes from bad to worse,  I am going to lift my hands and praise Him.  All the days of my life I will seek Him.  He is my everything.  

Dear Lord,

I bow before you in reverence, simply praising your holy name.  You are such an awesome God, worthy of all the glory, honor and the praise.  I come before you today just thanking you for your many blessings.  Sometimes I become so wrapped up in my circumstances that I don't see all the things you have done for me.  So many distractions and things that consume my time.  But today I just stand in awe of your power.  Thank you for my life.  Thank you for loving me.  Thank you for protecting me from dangers seen and unseen.  Thank you for fighting my battles for me, for building a hedge all around me and doing so much more.  Lord, you are my everything and I praise you simply for who You are.  In Jesus' Wonderful Name Amen. 

1 comment:

  1. Ramona:

    MY GOD MY EVERYTHING

    WONDERFUL WONDERFUL

    ReplyDelete