Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Friday, September 10, 2010

God's Perfect Timing

I was led this morning to repeat this posting. I pray you are blessed.


'This is what the Lord says, At just the right time, I will respond to you. On the day of salvation, I will help you. I will give you as a token and pledge to Israel. This will prove that I will reestablish the land of Israel and reassign it to its own people again." (Isaiah 49:8)

(Read Isaiah 49: 8 - 26)

Leaving Bible Study on Wednesday night, a dear sister of mine hugged me and said, ' now that was right on time.' It was just what she needed for the particular season she was at in her life. On the ride home I remembered how many times I had said those exact words. Most times I was at what I considered to be 'the end of my rope'. I just couldn't take any more. We like to say all the nice cliche phrases like, 'He's an on-time God' and 'He may not come when you want him but he's always on time'. But when the burdens of life are pressing you down do you really believe it?

How do you move from mere words to application? You must trust God. Trust that he knows what is best for you. God has many reasons for delaying our deliverance. But God's delay is not his denial. He is perfectly working out the details. Ask yourself what if God gave me everything I asked for immediately. Would I value it as much? You must hold fast to the hope that is in Christ Jesus. Every trial you face has a purpose. Only God knows what that purpose is but I can tell you that you will be better and God will be glorified.


Dear Lord,

Thank you for your perfect timing. Times are tough right now. I'm having a hard time holding on. Help me to hold fast to your unchanging hand, realizing that in the end things will work out for my good. In Jesus' Name Amen.

4 comments:

  1. Ramona:

    That was right on time, Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I have to say It may not come when you want it but he is always on time... Amen..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post came right on time. Thank you and God bless :-)

    ReplyDelete