Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Friday, September 17, 2010

I'm Free

How much do you acknowledge the hand of God in your life?  Do you recognize Him working and moving in everything that goes on?  I have come to the conclusion that I can do nothing without Him.  I also recognize that I will be nothing without Him.  I realize that in order for me to live the life that God designed for me I have to acknowledge that everything that goes on in my life has a divine purpose.  I no longer have to live a life of bondage. I can live a life of freedom.  Freedom to be who He has called me to me. 

How many people do you know that if given the choice to live in bondage or live a life of freedom would choose bondage?  Not too many.  Christians are the only people I know who choose to live in bondage when they are given an option.  I know that I, personally, have been guilty of this but not anymore. I do not believe that God wants us to live our lives in bondage. We live in bondage to fear.  Worry consumes our minds.  And if worry is consuming our minds we cannot be thinking about things above.  (Remember...whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest,  whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report - Phil. 4:8) 

Being free doesn't mean that all is good in the world.  Being free means that you Acknowledge God as being in control of everything that goes on in your life. Accepting the things that He causes to happen in your life, as well as the things He allows to happen in your life.  (You do know there is a difference.)  Asserting your authority in each and every situation. Making no assumptions, but being sure that everything is working out for your good.  (Romans 8:28)  It's time out for being knocked down everytime the wind blows.  Don't you know that you are victorious? Or maybe you don't know that you are victorious.  Later on in the same chapter of Romans, verse 32 says 'and you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free'.  That truth is found in His Word. The more you read it, you come to know the divine purpose He has for your life.   It's found by having a personal relationship with Him.  The more you talk with Him and share with Him, the more He reveals to you how those promises apply to your everyday life.  The chains begin to loosen up.  You stop feeling so bad about yourself.  You stop comparing yourself to others.  You realize that God is always with you.  He will never leave you and He will walk with you through every situation.  True freedom means you live according to His word and you are no longer enslaved to sin.  Your walk starts to match your talk.  You have a faith that is unwavering.  And it's not just for when you get old.  As a young adult, I am a witness that you can have it now.  Do you know how powerful that makes you?  To be free....in your mind.  To know that no matter what things look like right now at this very moment, you will be alright in the end.  To not be bound by social standards but to comfortable in who you are as a child of God.  It's time to stop living your life in bondage.  The time has come to walk in your freedom. 

Dear Lord, 

What a wonderful thing it is to know that everything that I go through in life, you have my back.  I no longer have to bound by the spirit of doubt, worry, fear, insecurities, negative thoughts.  Instead I can rest, knowing that as Your child I am free.  From this day forward, I am going to walk in that freedom.  When those thoughts try to sneak back in my mind, I will come to you in prayer and accept the peace that comes in knowing you have it all under control.  Thank you Jesus.  In Your Wonderful Name Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment