Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

With Knowledge Comes Confidence!

I heard something interesting today while looking up the definition of a word online.  Out of no where comes this voice that said....With knowledge comes confidence!  That is so very true. I was studying I Peter Chapter 5, verse 10 which says, 'And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast'Now the word I happen to be looking up was steadfast.  I grew up singing songs about being steadfast and hearing the preacher talk about being steadfast and I actually thought it was something I accomplished on my own. Silly me!  I thought it was something that I had to work at.  But as I read this verse I noticed that it is God himself who will restore me and make me not only strong and firm, but also steadfast.  This might seem like a minor thing to you but let me see if I can change your mind on the importance of this scripture.  Let me tell you the definition of steadfast.  It means 'a firmly fixed place; not subject to change'.  What does that mean for me?  That means through all my suffering, my tests and my trials God is watching me and after I have suffered just a little while He himself will strengthen me, help me to stand firm in my faith and then make it to where I am not swayed by every little blow of the wind.  Bring on the tornado!  Come on hurricane! I am fixed in a firm place.  My soul is anchored.  My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus blood and righteousness.  As my five year old daughter says,  Momma we have the house that was built with bricks.  The devil can huff all he wants, the winds can blow but the house isn't coming down! (Out of the mouths of babes I tell ya!) 

The first time I read this verse I was more focused on the 'little while' part.  I thought this meant that each trial I faced would only last a short while.  But I have come to see that this is not the case because His ways are not our ways and His thoughts are not our thoughts.  Our time and God's time are not one in the same.  But we now have the knowledge that He hasn't left us out there all by ourselves.  And with this knowledge....we can be confident.  Doubt has no place in the believer's mind.  I know you feel like this pain will never end but hold on.  Trust God!  He is faithful! 

Dear Lord,

Let me say "Thank you" because you didn't leave me out here all by myself.  You cared enough about me to know when I am suffering and when it's time for the suffering to end.  And then you tell me in Your Word that suffering brings about positive results.  You make me strong, firm and steadfast.  I don't have to worry.  I can stand confidently on Your Word.  That is such good news!  And whether my deliverance comes here on earth or over in glory, I can shout now knowing in the end I will be in a place where there will be no more suffering. I can suffer a little while so that your name will be glorified!  Thank you Lord!  In Jesus' Wonderful Name Amen. 

1 comment:

  1. Ramona:

    WITH KNOWLEDGE COME CONFIDENCE

    That is so right God has not left us out there all by ourselves.Help is on the way keep writing I am so bless

    ReplyDelete