Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Don't Become A Slave of the Past!

Once again I was faced with a situation where I was disappointed with myself.  Ugghhh!  I am tired of letting my mind along with my mouth get me into trouble.  I sat for way too long and let my thoughts get the best of me.  Then I let my mouth get me into even more trouble.  I didn't have on my 'helmet of salvation'.  We talk alot about the other parts of the 'whole armor of God' but we don't talk alot about the 'helmet of salvation'.  I did a little research and found out the part of the responsibility of the 'helmet of salvation' is to guard our minds.  And we guard out minds with our salvation. 

I don't know about you but Satan attacks my mind alot.  He would just love for me to have a defeatest attitude.  He would have loved it even more if I would have let this setback, this mistake keep me from doing what it is God has for me to do.  However, because of my salvation, I know that I can ask God to forgive me and continue to work out my salvation.  I also know that I can say like Paul said in the book of Philippians 3:12...'Not that I have already obtained all of this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.  He went on to say...'Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus'.  (13-14)

I don't have time to waste dwelling on my past.  I just have to keep moving forward.  And I must remember to keep my 'helmet of salvation' on at all times.  Why did the writer chose to say SALVATION?  Now this is just the word according to Ramona, but growing up I remember my Pastor saying that salvation was a gift.  Gifts are usually decorated beautifully and what better place for others to take notice than place this gift on your head.  That way even when I do mess up I can still move forward as a representative of Jesus Christ.  Once again, working out my salvation.  Letting others see the God who lives in me.

I know that it is easy to get caught up in our pasts.  I'm not even talking about years ago. I'm talking about just yesterday or even minutes ago, especially when you are working so hard to be more like Christ.  Let me tell you, that is the time that the devil comes hard against you trying to keep you from letting God use you.  But I'm hear to pray with you and for you and encourage you not to let him win.  You are victorious.  No matter what you have done, God can use it for His glory.  Don't become a slave to your mind.  Put on your 'helmet of salvation'.  Remember that you are saved!  God is at work in your life and He has great things in store for you.  Forget the past....press on!!!

Dear Lord,

Here I am again praying about the same thing.  Please forgive me.  Thank you for your forgiveness.  Now Lord, I am asking you to replace these negative thoughts in my mind with the thoughts that you have for me.  Help me to remember that I am more than a conqueror through Christ Jesus.  Thank you Lord for saving me.  If it had not been for you, I don't know where I would be.  Help me to no longer be a slave to the thoughts in my mind.  In Jesus' Wonderful Name Amen. 

1 comment:

  1. Ramona:

    Don't Become A Slave of the Past
    I needed that Keep writing

    ReplyDelete