Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Monday, August 23, 2010

The Power of God

No matter where I am if given the opportunity, I love to talk about the goodness of the Lord. In fact, I pray that God give me opportunities daily to be a witness for Him.  It's just like Paul said in Romans 1:16, 'For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. Truth be told, it is all I know.  In fact, every believer should know about the good news. What good news am I talking about?  That Jesus died, was buried and rose again!  Why is that good news?  Because the belief in that good news gives us the right to salvation. Before these things happened there was only the law.  I don't know about you but I couldn't trust myself to keep the law all the time.  After thirty-six years I have become very familiar with my own sinful nature.  It was definitely going to take something or someone greater than myself to change me power to save me and I wanted to be changed. 

They say the definition of insanity is continuing to do the same thing over and over again and achieving the same results.  Now you may be thinking, what foolish person would do that?  My response to you would be, both you and I.  I am not even talking about before I was saved. I'm talking about since I have been saved.  How many times have I had to repeat the same lesson over and over again because I refused to die to self so that I might live the life that God purposed for me? Too many times to count.  And there I was stuck in my ways.  Instead of being slow to anger...I continued to be quick.  Instead of forgiving...my heart became hardened.  Instead of listening to the urgings of the Holy Spirit... I turned a deaf ear.  Insanity!!! And only the power of the blood could wash away my sins and help me change my behavior.  That same power that would help me fight that old sinful nature that kept trying to creep in every day at different points in time.  That same power could soften my heart and open my deaf ears.  That same power helped me to see the good in everyone.  That same power helps me to pray for my enemies.  I can take no credit. All these things come from the God who lives inside of me.  All because I believed in the good news.  There are many authors out there who acknowledge that Jesus lived and many more who acknowledge that He lived and He died. There are just as many who fail to acknowledge that He rose again.  Now this same power that has changed my life is available to change theirs but they must believe.  They must confess with their mouth and believe in their heart that God raised Jesus from the dead, then they can be saved. 

Most of our lives will be spent searching for something.  Most of us, if we are honest with ourselves, are looking for security.  Unfortunately, many of us will never find it because we are looking for it here on earth in our job, in our spouse, in our home, in our bank account.  The believer's sense of security is eternal.  So while you are here on earth, spend your time wisely.  Not storing up earthly treasures where moth and rust destroy, but store up treasures in heaven.  To do that change is necessary.  First you have to admit that you cannot change yourself.  Only God can bring about the type of change necessary to do the work that He has for you as His child.  Submit to Him.  And when you do, stand boldly and proclaim the good news of Jesus Christ.  It is definitely news worth sharing!


Dear Lord,

I want to start by declaring that I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God unto salvation.  I finally get it. I can change but only with your help.  I don't have to continue with the same behaviors.  The power that you possess is able to change even my old stubborn ways. I admit that I have been looking for security in all the wrong places when I should have been more concerned with kingdom business.  Lord, wherever I go, I want to be a witness for you.  I want people to see the difference you have made in my life.  Not for self-edification but so that you can my glorified.  In Jesus' Wonderful Name I pray.  Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Once again well said Ramona. I truly appreciate each and every lesson that you give. I do need to pray to the LORD to be slow to anger and to have that forgiving heart. Thank you again for allowing the LORD to use you as his vessel to speak to us daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karla,

    To God be all the glory! I, too, work very hard just to become all that God would have me to be. I am not completely where I need to be but thank God I am not where I used to be.

    ReplyDelete