Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Who Is This God?

Have you ever stopped to think about 'who it is who hears our prayers'?  I mean really stopped to reflect on who God is and just worship Him.  He is Immanuel, God with usJehovah-Jireh, our providerJehovah-Rapha, our healerJehovah-Shalom, our peace.  Each of us my have a long list of concerns and request to take to the Lord and He definitely wants us to bring them to Him. But stop a moment and reread the words above about who God is.  So what are your worrying about?!?!?! There is not anything that is going on in your life that God doesn't already know about.  There is no problem too big that God can't solve.  I am not telling you what I heard...I am telling you what I know. 

Now let's bring it down on personal note.  The Bible tells us in Psalms 139...'Everything I do is familiar to You. You know what I'm going to say even before I say it, and you protect me from every side.  How can I even begin to understand how wonderful you are!.  Where can I go from Your Spirit, O Lord?  Where can I flee from your presence?  If I go up to the heavens, You are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there too.  Those are some mighty, powerful words.  You see, we really cannot even begin to imagine how wonderful God is!  He knows there will be days we will do the wrong thing.  Say the wrong thing.  Yet He protects us.  He knows your innermost thoughts. Those things you are afraid to tell anyone, not you spouse, your parents or your best friend.  He knows and He keeps those things in confidence and walks right beside you to help you work through those things.  We can't hide from Him.  Whether we are living right and serving Him or if we think we are taking a mini vacation away from it all, He is still right there.  There is no mountain to high and no valley to low.  Doesn't that just make you want to worship Him?  The next time you are faced with a problem that you think is too difficult, turn it over to God.  Think about who He really is!  Not only is He all the things I mentioned above, but He is also so much more.  The God we serve can handle it.  Give it over to Him and then praise Him!

Dear Lord,

I stand in awe of who You are!  You are just so awesome and so wonderful.  I realize that I insult you by continuing to worry about things as if you do not have the power to work it out for me. You are a mighty and powerful God. One who knows what I need even before I ask.  I just want to take a moment to say "Thank You!"  I praise you and I worship you just for who you are!  In Jesus' Wonderful Name Amen.

3 comments:

  1. this was a very powerful post and I needed to hear it today...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ramona:

    Who Is This God

    It is powerful word . I love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for the encouragement! When we think about who God really is...our problems don't seem so big!

    ReplyDelete