Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Stop Putting God in a Box!

I woke up this morning to the voice of the Lord.  He kept saying the same thing to me over and over again.  "Stop trying to put me in a box Ramona."  Now I must admit that I didn't think that I was doing this.  I knew that I had been praying about some things and I thought that I had given God permission to work it out the way He wanted to but maybe I hadn't.  Maybe my words and my actions didn't match.  I sat and thought about it for a while.  One particular verse came to mind.  'Now unto Him that is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we could ever ask or think, according to the power that worketh within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. (Ephesians 3:20-21)  But did I really believe this?

God has performed many miracles in my life.  He has done things that I never thought He would do.  It's not that I didn't believe He had the power.  After all, He died on a cross and got up from the grave with all power.  He parted a Red Sea.  He raised Lazarus from the grave.  He healed the woman with the issue of blood.  He save Daniel from the lion's den.  He used a shepherd boy to slay the giant Goliath.  He turned water in to wine.  He fed five thousand with two fish and five loaves of bread.  All these things have been done by a great and powerful God.  But that was then....what about now?  Is He still capable of doing the same things in my life.  A nobody from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.  When I am faced with my own Red Sea experience with my enemy behind me and a Red Sea in front of me...is God able to part that sea so that I can walk across on dry land.  Sure He is!  But am I tying His hands?  Am I limiting God?  Who really has control of the situation?  I have often times found myself praying only what I think God can do.  What do I mean by that?  I don't want to ask for too much.  I'm the same way in my regular life. I don't like to ask people for anything and when I do it's always on a small scale.  But the verse above says that my God is able to do so much more than I could ever ask or think.  One translation says that He is able to do more than I could ever desire or understand.  I would imagine that when the children of Israel were faced with situations time and time again that seemed impossible while traveling through the desert after leaving Egypt to go to the Promise Land that they never expected God to do all that He did for them.  But He did just that and they were able to shout about it. And we will be able to shout about it too. 

I always tell people, you don't know my story or the reason I praise Him like I do.  It is all because God continues to do for me more than I could ever imagine.  More than I have even asked Him to do.  He has showed up in my life time and time again so that He can get the glory!  I am so grateful!  He can and will do the same thing for you! But we have to learn to stop putting Him in a box!  Don't limit God!  We must wait patiently for Him to work.  And when He does, we must remember to praise His name.  The next time you are faced with what man says is an impossible situation, you don't have to worry or fret.  You can stand firm on the promises of God. Knowing that He is able!  I've tried Him and I know Him.  Found Him to be a friend.  I know too much about Him.  On Him you can depend!  Saved my soul!  Made me Whole!  There's none like Him!  When it comes to the God we serve, start thinking outside the box!  We are limited!  God is not!

Dear Lord,

Before I say one thing, I just want to say Thank you!  I thank you because I can recall the times I have tried to keep you in a box and you just moved me right out of the way and blessed me anyway.  You didn't let me stand in my own way.  You are such an awesome, amazing God.  You keep right on doing great things for me.  At this point in my life, I have decided to move out of the way and let you work.  However you choose to work through me and whatever you choose to do for me, I am moving out of the way so you can work.  Thank you for revealing yourself more and more to me through the work you continue to do in my life.  I am so eternally grateful.  In Jesus' Wonderful Name Amen. 

3 comments:

  1. Ramona:

    Stop Putting God in a Box

    Ramona, I am in the situation know that I am not worry or fiet I am stand firm on the promises of God cause I tried him and I know him and he is a Wonderful Wonderful
    Keep writing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am just like you in our way of thinking. It is not that I don't know him to do and be in my life,it is that He needs to tie my hands while his will is done in my life. I am learning that we are predestined...hmmm. So at this despensation of my life what test is it that I am to be passing? I have been doing inventory of my life and rereading, "In the Meantime". I am learning that my test is "Trusting Him". Flat footed, firmly grounded in him, not being distracted by my flesh.This sinful mind. Pray my strength in the lord as I journey on one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely praying for your strength in the Lord! I was just saying last night that as I look back over my life I can see through different dispensations how I failed my tests. I am also working towards trusting God more and allowing Him to guide me into the path that He wants me to take. It is not about my will but His and as long as I try to take control I find myself repeating my tests over and over again. As I read and study and absorb more of the Word I am learning that God is ordering my steps. We must keep one another encouraged and continue to grow.

    ReplyDelete