Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Thursday, July 15, 2010

It Is Well With My Soul!

When peace, like a river ,attendeth my waves; when sorrows like sea billows roll.
Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say, it is well, it is well with my soul.

Such a beautiful song!  Such soothing words!  I have sang this song since I was a child and it was not until this last year that I truly appreciated and understood the words.  Life is not easy.  There are so many different things we have to deal with.  But God did not leave us defenseless.  When He decided to send His Son, Jesus, to die on the cross for our sins, it was so we would have everything we need.  And when I say everything, I mean EVERYTHING!  He is water when you are thirsty!  Bread when you are hungry!  He will be a mother to the motherless and a father to the fatherless. All these things may sound cliche to you, but just wait until you need Him to be these things and He shows up and shows out.  If you're lonely, He will reach down and give you a big bear hug.  Sad and He will comfort you.  Depressed ... He will lift up your bowed down head. 

 As I reflect back over my life and I see where God has brought me from, I can truly say that there has never been a time that He has not met my every need.  You see, one of the very best things He gave me was PEACE.  Peace in every circumstance.  It is no longer about what I can see, when circumstances and situations are difficult.  It is always about what I cannot see, because I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God is in control.  I have a confidence that seems crazy to the human eye.  Yet, to the spiritual eye, I know God is smiling.  I believe it gives Him great joy when He sees His child truly depending on Him.  And it's real.  I have truly learned to look at the positive and try to see God's hand working in everything.

I lost my job last August and when I say God has been my EVERYTHING, he has! My family and I have not missed a beat and I know that God is the one that has supplied our needs.  There are people around me that have not understood why I continue to smile and praise Him.  My response to them...Is there any alternative?  Have you ever stopped to think about what if God was not there to help you?  Boy, would we be in bad shape.That is why I can say that I am at peace and I can sing that it is well with my soul! 

John 14: 27 says, 'Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you.  Let not your heart be troubled neither let it be afraid'.  That is why we don't have to worry.  That is why we don't have to fret.  Things are gonna happen, but we must learn to trust God, whatever comes our way because He is faithful to do just what He has promised!  We must believe!  Our physical eyes have short-term vision. Our spiritual eyes see long-term.  Today for you may be dark and gloomy, but HOLD ON!  God is in control and He will give you peace that surpasses all understanding.  Just trust Him!

Dear Lord,

I haven't done my best at trusting you.  I have waivered back and forth and only looked at things through my physical eyes but I am tired or worrying.  I am tired of the sleepless nights and long days.  I want to be able to put the car in neutral and let you drive.  I want you to order my steps and give me peace.  I know that you can and I believe that you will.  Thank you Father for everything you have done for me, even those things that I have foolishly taken credit for.  I know that those things were only possible because of the ability you have given me.  I love you Lord.  In Jesus' Wonderful Name Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Ramona

    That is so true I went through a situations that was very difficult for me to deal with But God shows up and he shows out And I was able to put the car in neutral and drive. He is so good I love the Lord. Keep on writing I look for them every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As God leads..I will write. Thank you for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete