Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

So Much Noise

Some days it's just so hard to block out the noise.  I have my family, the television, the Wii, the cell phone and the i-pod, to name a few.  But today I am not talking about that kind of noise. The noise I am speaking about is the noise in my head.  Those days when my mind is going a million miles an hour. I'm thinking about all the things that needs to be done.  I'm thinking about my dreams for my children, my desires for my family, my friend who is hurting, my parents, the prayer list at the church.  Then I stop to realize that it's been such a long time since I've taken any time for myself.  I'm not sleeping. My life is in automatic mode.  I toss and turn all night in my sleep.  It's been a while since I've slept through the night.  I get out the bed and peek into my children's room....sound asleep.  I come back to bed and lay there. I haven't lost my joy, my hope or my faith.  I just can't seem to shut my mind off.  I'm reading the Word.  I'm praying.  I'm sitting in solitude trying to hear God's voice but there is nothing there but dead silence.  I'm asking for direction.  I'm asking for guidance.  My mind wanders.  I'm easily distracted.  I close my eyes to get refocused.  No such luck. I feel like I'm cheating God.  Lord, please forgive me....and in the same breath...God please take away all this noise. 

Ever been there?  It's not a good place to be.  I've sat for hours just reading the Word.  I've sat for hours just talking to God and telling Him everything.  I have been at this very place before and yet this time it seems more difficult.  I'm following Him.  I'm not sure what direction to go and He hasn't spoken and until He does I won't move.  Have I lost my connection?  I know I haven't because I know that 'once saved, always saved'.  He lives in my heart.  I need a verse. I pull out my 'Bible Promise Book'.  My mom had one when I was little.  I remember reading it with her. The pages were dog-earred.  Just about every verse was highlighted.  The verses are categorized by need.  I skim the table of contents but there is not one that says...to take away the noise.  There were, however, scriptures on PEACEII Thessalonians 3:16 which says,  Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all meansJohn 14:27 which says,  'Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as he world giveth, give I unto you.  Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid'.  There are scriptures on WORRYINGPhilippians 4:19 which says, ' But my God shall supply all my needs according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus'Psalms 46:1...'God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble'.  Scriptures on COMFORT'The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer, my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower'...Psalms 18:2  Also Psalms 37:24 which says, 'Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; for the Lord upholdeth him with his hand'GUIDANCE....Isaiah 30:21 which says, 'And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the leftPsalms 37:23...'The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord; and he delighteth in his way'.

There were many more subjects and I just continued to read.  The noise was fading. I actually got more than three hours of sleep that night.  Things were not better overnight, but my strength was renewed.  I was still waiting on the Lord.  I had no doubt that He would come through in His perfect time.  I was learning the meaning of the verse, 'He who has began a good work in you, will carry it through to completion until the day of Jesus Christ'.  I am a work in progress. This may not be the last time I have a day like this.  What I do know is that God is on my side.  He will never leave me hanging.  And even though the days may be long and the nights even longer, I will be okay.  The sun is going to shine...if I hold out.  Thank you Lord!

Dear Lord,

All this noise!  I can't get rid of it.  I'm stressing out.  I am worried. I'm afraid.  I know that you have seen me through times like this before but I'm tired.  I need a good night's rest.  Please help me!  You said in your Word that you are an ever present help in times of trouble.  This is most definitely a troubling time.  I know that you are not far away.  I need peace.  I'm trusting in you.  Thank you Lord for coming to my rescue.  In Jesus' Wonderful Name Amen. 

2 comments:

  1. Ramona:

    It noise going on in my life know but I know that he has my back. And I have some of the night that you can not sleep.Please help me and he come in right on time .Keep writing you are helping me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May you continue to grow spiritually and in the favor of the Lord.

    ReplyDelete