Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Friday, July 2, 2010

Confident

Life can just be so overwhelming at times.  Even the best laid out plans can go awry.  I have been reading through the Psalms lately and I recognized a pattern.  Boy was David distraught and overwhelmed.  He was distressed, afraid and worried.  But even when all of this was going on, he remained confident in the Lord.  He realized that no matter what he had to face....God would take care of him.  It made me wonder if I had that same kind of faith in God.

I am sure David had days where he just wanted to run away and hide.  I am sure he had moments of depression.  There were times he felt insecure.  He was afraid, stressed out and just wanted to scream.  Sounds a lot like my life.  What about you?  It would be so nice to experience the kind of confidence David had in the Psalms with all the craziness that life can bring.  How do you accomplish this kind of confidence?  I don't believe that it comes overnight.  I believe that it is developed through life experiences.  I don't know about you but I have put my faith in people and they will let you down every time.  But the God I serve will never let you down.  He may not give you the answer that you want, but He can certainly be trusted to keep His promises.  That is why we can lean and depend on Him through everything.  You see, God keeping His promises is not about us.  It's all about Him.  Remember the verse that says, 'Being confident of this, He that has begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of its completion'.  Philippians 1:6  This is essentially what David is saying in the Psalms.  I don't know your life story but let me tell you what I do know about David.  David was a mere shepherd boy.  Many people didn't think too much of him, yet he went on to slay a giant, defeat the Philistine armies, among other things.   Remember Bathsheba...she was a weakness for David.  He wasn't perfect but he was chosen.  Just as you and I were chosen.  We each have a purpose and God is going to make sure that we fulfill that purpose, in spite of every thing we may be going through now and in the future.  He will not turn His back on us.

It's okay to have those days where you might not be feeling your best.  Just don't lose your faith.  Trust God.  Lean on Him.  Call to Him just as David did in Psalms 141:1. 'O Lord, I am calling to you.  Please hurry!  Listen when I cry to you for help'.  Know that He is always listening, ready, willing and able to do what you need him to do for you.

Dear Lord,

I am crying out to you for help.  Things just are not the best for me right now.  I am barely holding on.  I know that you are able.  I believe that you can.  Right now I just need a little help to lift up my bowed down head.  I thank you Father for helping me.  In Jesus' Wonderful Name Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Ramona

    So time you just got to call out his name Jesus
    Jesus.

    ReplyDelete