Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Happy in Trouble

Did you know that God has great plans for you?  He mapped it out before you were even born.  He thought about you as you were being formed in your mother's womb.  Just read Psalms 139.  He knows everything there is to know about you and He is working out the kinks in your life.  Isn't that great news!!!!

Romans 12:12 says, " Be glad for all God is planning for you.  Be patient in trouble, and always be prayerful."

One of the most difficult times to pray is when you are in trouble.  If you are anything like me, when you are in trouble or there is a storm going on, your first instinct is to just run and hide and wait for it to pass.  But that is not what we are supposed to do as Christians.  We are supposed to be in prayer.  What are we supposed to pray about?  Why not tell the Lord thank you for the storm because you know that it won't last forever.  Prayer provides so much more than just an exit out of the storm.  Prayer can give you peace.  Prayer can give you stick-to-it-tive-ness to ride the storm out.  Prayer shows God that you are still trusting Him to work it out.  God is not just sitting around saying, "Okay let me see how much bad I can cause my child."  There is always a purpose behind the pain.  As I look back over my life, I can say that every test and trial that I have gone through has helped to make me the person that I am today.  I wouldn't trust the Lord  the way I do.  I wouldn't love Him as much as I do if it had not been for those times that taught me that He is to be the first person I turn to in every situation. You see I learned the secret!  I learned that God is always at work.  I learned that there is never a time when He isn't working to see His plan come to pass.  That is why it does no good for us to plan anything.  Let God be your guide.  When you learn to trust Him in everything, you will also learn to be glad in whatever situation you are going through. 

Dear Lord,

In the past I have not always looked forward to the future of the work you are doing in my life.  I tend to have present tense vision and can't seem to see past my problem.  But today, I am thanking you for what you are planning in my life.  I know that whatever it is, it will be great!  Thank you Father.  In Jesus' Wonderful Name Amen. 

3 comments:

  1. thank you that is so much what i needed..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ramona

    You are really helping me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very grateful that God is using me to bless others. It is truly the God in me that allows me to write the things I do.

    ReplyDelete