Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Thursday, March 31, 2011

You Changed My Life

Have you ever experienced an 'Ah-Ha" moment that just really changed your life? Today I had an awesome 'Ah-Ha' moment.  A lot of emphasis is placed on trust in a relationship whether it be a marriage, a friendship, a work relationship, etc. We place all our trust in our husband, our wife, our best friend, our boss, our co-worker, so much so that when they devastate us we are damaged beyond repair.  We hold on to the pain.  We build up a wall.  We don't forgive and if we do it is only after we have made them pay for it.  Earlier today while driving home the Holy Spirit spoke to me and said, "Why are you so surprised? You are to trust in God, not in man."  Light bulb!!!! You see, God will never betray you, forsake you, stab you in the back, or lay you off.  As my dad always says, "All of God's promises are Yea and Amen" He has your best interest at heart always.

In His Word He tells us to "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lead not unto thy own understanding.  In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He will direct thy path'. (Proverbs 3:5-6) 

So trust in the Lord (commit yourself to Him, lean on Him, hope confidently in Him) forever; for the Lord God is an everlasting Rock [the Rock of Ages]. Isaiah 26: 4


O taste and see that the Lord [our God] is good! Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) is the man who trusts and takes refuge in Him. Psalm 34: 8


He who deals wisely and heeds [God's] word and counsel shall find good, and whoever leans on, trusts in, and is confident in the Lord--happy, blessed, and fortunate is he. Proverbs 16: 20


He who leans on, trusts in, and is confident in his riches shall fall, but the [uncompromisingly] righteous shall flourish like a green bough. Proverbs 11: 28

These are just a few of the verses that tell us we are to fully rely on God.  I love how we are not only told to Trust God, but also what benefit we will receive.  The difference between trusting God and trusting man is that man will let us down every time.  God never will.  I have found out that even when facing the biggest disappointment or heartbreak God is there waiting with open arms.  He wants you to give it all to Him.  It would be great if we got this the first time.  If we trusted God completely to lead, guide and direct our lives.  If we relied on Him to take us through those steps to help make us better even when we don't understand.  I look back over my life and thought about times when I didn't trust God for protection, for guidance.  How many times I put too much pressure on those I love expecting them to give me something they were not capable of giving.  I looked to them to provide me with security that could only come from the Most High God.  The time is now for you trust God in every area of your life.  When you fully accept that He alone can provide you with those intangibles that you have been looking for your whole life like love, acceptance, security and worth and stop seeking them in man, your life will never be the same.  Allow Him to change your life.  He is the only one who can. 

Most Gracious Heavenly Father,

I come to You first asking forgiveness for not completely trusting You.  I have relied on so many other people and things and wound up disappointed and hurt.  I put my faith in someone who has the same issues I have instead of You.  Today I am putting my trust in You.  I know that when someone does disappoint me or breaks my heart I have You right there by my side to help put the pieces of my life back together again.  To restore my soul. Help me to be an example to those around me of Your goodness and Your unfailing love.  In Jesus' Wonderful Name I pray Amen. 



No comments:

Post a Comment