Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Right Connection

I am dwelling in the secret place of the most high. I am abiding under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress. My God in him I am trusting. Surely he has delivered me from the snare of the fowler and the noisome pestilence. He has covered me with his feathers and in his wings I am trusting. His truth is my shield and buckler. I will not be afraid of the terror by night, nor the arrow that flieth by day, nor the pestilence that walketh in darkness, nor the destruction that wasteth at noonday. A thousand shall fall at my side and ten thousand at my right hand but it will not come near me. Only with mine eyes will I behold and see the reward of the wicked. Because I have made the Lord, who is my refuge, even the most high, my habitation. There shall no evil befall me, neither shall any plague come near my dwelling... Because I have set my love upon him, therefore will he deliver me. He will set me on high because I have known His name. Psalm 91:1-10;14

There is something to be said for knowing the right person. Have you ever been around a person that loves to name drop. I have and actually I find it quite annoying. People think that if they say they know a certain person than that will open doors for them. Well I have stopped by here to tell you today that there is only one name that you need to know and that is the name of Jesus. When you make Him your number one priority than doors will open. You have the favor of God. Did you know that at the name of Jesus every knee has to bow. Is someone standing in the way of your next move? Don't worry, my friend. Call on the name of Jesus. Psalm 91:14 says, 'because you love Him, He will deliver you. You will be elevated because you know His name. Not President Obama. Not because you play golf with the President of the company. Not because you go to the same nail shop as the bank manager. Your bright future is because you know God. And not just on a casual basis. This is on a personal basis. You have made the Lord your dwelling place. He knows your most intimate details and still loves you. Made a mistake? Doesn't matter. God has given you favor. Your position right now may be a mystery to others around you. You may not have the right education or experience. You may have been raised on the wrong side of the tracks. But God!!! Anybody want to shout right now! I do! Let them talk about you and wonder...You know the secret. None of the credit belongs to you. It all belongs to God. Praise Him now, not for where you are but where you are going. God has the power to open that closed door. Break down those manmade dividers and elevate you to a position where He can be glorified.

Most Gracious Heavenly Father,

Eyes have not seen, ears have not heard.  No mind has ever imagined what God has prepared for those who love the Lord. And I do love You with all my heart. Help me not to be discouraged by what I may see with my human eyes. I trust You Lord, knowing that all things work together for the good of them who love You. As I continue to follow the path and walk into the destiny You have prepared for me, help me not to lose sight that every good and perfect gift comes from You. In Jesus' Wonderful Name I pray Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment