Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Quiet Submission

For the mountains may move and the hills disappear, but even then my faithful love for you will remain. My covenant of blessing will never be broken," says the LORD, who has mercy on you. Isaiah 54:10

I am in the process of teaching my nine year old (soon to be ten) daughter about submission.  She believes that every conversation needs to be a debate.  Her opinion must be heard and that I should even be persuaded to change my mind.  She says that they teach her this in school.  Her fourth grade teacher lets them choose.  My response is simple.  "Well that's great for your fourth grade class, however in this house you abide by my rules.  I am not going to discuss everything with you. I don't have to explain. It's because I said so."  I know that as a parent I only want what is best for her life.  I've been around the block a few times myself and want to help her avoid some of the same mistakes I did.  I keep asking myself when is she finally going to get it and just give in, say 'yes maam' and not talk back.  At the same time I was asking myself this question, the Holy Spirit said to me, "When will you Ramona?" 

I have been a Christian for many years.  I have read the Bible, memorized scripture, taught Sunday School, spoke at Women's Day programs and conferences.  I am no stranger to the Word of God and the promises within.  I know that there are guidelines by which I should live.  There are things that are supposed to happen to help make me a better person.  Nevertheless, just like my daughter there are times when I stand ready to square off in a debate with God.  I sit there wondering, 'Why me?  Why now?'  I haven't learned how to quietly submit to God's will and His way.  God doesn't need my permission to do anything.  Everything He does is for my good and for His glory.  Simple obedience to His Word brings about a great reward.  You see, God's promises cannot fail.  Patient waiters cannot be disappointed. Believing expectation shall be realized.  Sometimes it's just good to be quiet and say 'Yes Lord'.

Most Gracious Heavenly Father,

I just want to say 'Yes Lord'.  I submit to Your will and Your way.  I give myself away so that You can use me.  I don't have to understand all that is going on in my life as long as You are in control.  And You are in control.  You are the source of my strength and the strength of my life.  As long as I have breath in my body I will praise You.  In Jesus' Wonderful Name I pray Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment