Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Monday, March 7, 2011

Thank You Lord

'Enter into his gates with thanksgiving and into his courts with praise.  Be thankful unto him and bless his name. For the Lord is good.  His mercy is everlasting and his truth endureth to all generations.  Psalm 100:4-5

Thank you Lord!  If I had ten thousand tongues I couldn't praise Him enough.  He's been just that good.  When I look back over my life and think things over, my soul looks back and wonders how I got over.  There are just so many things God has done for me.  I know that things may not be perfect right now.  But every morning the Lord wakes me up and I get another opportunity to praise Him, I am going to do just that.  What about you?

Sometimes it is just the little things that remind you of the touch the Master has had on your life. Waking up with activity of your limbs.  Praise Him!  Breath in your body.  Praise Him! A roof over your head.  Clothes on your back.  A car to drive.  A job to go to. Praise Him! Maybe you have survived a significant illness or maybe someone close to you has.  Maybe you have seen your marriage revived or maybe you survived a bitter divorce.  Maybe you were on the verge of losing your house or maybe you did lose your house but you still have a place to lay your head.  Maybe your job went through layoffs and you lost your job or maybe your job went through layoffs and your department didn't get hit.  Maybe you remember how bad you were and how nothing but God's grace and mercy has gotten you to where you are today.  Whatever the case may be, sometimes you just have to stop and say, "Thank you Lord."  If it had not been for God on your side, where would you be?  I am realizing every day that it doesn't take a whole lot to make me praise the Lord.  I look myself in the mirror each day and I know how unworthy I am.  I know that each and every day I fall short and He still forgives me.  He gives me grace each and every day.  His mercies are new every morning.  Just knowing this ought to make you want to be better.  To do better.  To live a life that is pleasing in His sight.  He is the one that matters.  It is not about putting on a show for others to see.  It is about your personal relationship with God.  He alone knows your heart.  It is not for me or anyone else to judge.  There is a saying that I am sure you have heard that says, 'people don't have to be nice to you, but when they are you ought to say thank you'.  God didn't have to send His only begotten Son to the world to die for our sins, but He did.  He hung on that old rugged cross for a sinner like you and me.  What a perfect sacrifice!  I don't know about you, but even as nice as I am I don't know if I could give my life for anyone.  That is why not a day should go by that you don't stop and thank the Lord, first of all for who He is.  Then stop and thank Him for what He has done.  It is never an inappropriate time to praise Him.  I know that things may not look the best right now but even on your worse day, God is still God and He is still good.

Most Gracious Heavenly Father,

I just wanted to stop and say, "Thank You."  Thank You for who you are.  You are holy.  You are faithful.  You are a righteous God. You are a forgiving God.  You are a just God.  I thank You because You look beyond my faults to see my needs.  Wherever I go You are there.  I just want to praise You.  I thank you for Your loving kindness and your tender mercies.  Each and every day, for as long as I shall live, I will continue to praise Your name.  In Jesus' Wonderful; Name Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment