Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My Assignment

For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, “For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I might show my power in you, and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.”  Romans 9:17

I used to spend a lot of time worried about other people.  Not in the sense of who they were and what they had, but in the sense that someone seemed to always be in my way.  There they were, time and time again,  putting up roadblocks, slowing the progress I wanted for my life.  There I was with a clearly mapped out plan only to have it shattered by PEOPLE.  At least at first sight that is what I thought.  But as a Christian I have to say that I believe in predestination and I also believe in the scripture that says 'all things work together for the good of them who love the Lord and are the called according to His purpose'. (Romans 8:28)  And that my dear friend is what this life is all about - His Purpose.  My life is no longer my own.  And furthermore, God can use me if I am a willing participant and even if I am not. For it is God that worketh in me both to will and to do of His good pleasure.  (Philippians 2:13)

As I look back over my life I can see the handprints of God all over my life.  I see those people that have helped me to develop a better prayer life because when I tried to fight them on my own I failed every time. The same people that I spent so much time trying to figure out 'why they were always picking on me'.  Little did I know that God was using them with specific intent of shaping and molding me into the person He needed me to be.  It was those same people who helped me to see God moving in my life.  It caused me to ask a very important question of the Lord.  "What is my assignment?"  My assignment is to serve Him.  How do I serve Him?  By giving Him free reign to operate in my life.  Saying, 'Take my life and form it.  Take my mind, transform it.  Take my will, conform it ----To yours O Lord'.  It is easy to get in a certain position and think that we were the ones behind the accomplishment, but we are not.  We are here to serve God's purpose and not our own personal agendas.  It is okay to have goals.  Just remember not to act like the world is coming down when God takes you on an alternate route.  He places some roadblocks in your path.  Some difficult people  along your path, in order to see what you are really made of.  In addition to this, He then uses you as a developer in someone else's life.  All working together so that God's name be known all throughout the earth.  For it is at the name of Jesus that every knee shall bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.  Trust God.  He has plans to proper and not to harm you, to give you hope and a future. 


Most Gracious Heavenly Father,

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills from whence cometh my help.  All my help comes from You O Lord, thou who made the heaven and the earth.  Forgive me for the wrong that I have done.  Give me an ear to hear Your voice so that I may receive guidance and direction for my assignment.  Help me not to be distracted by those that seem to be set up against me.  Let me fix my eyes on You, the author and finisher of my faith.  I will continue to give You all the praise.  In Jesus' Wonderful Name I pray Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment