Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Friday, February 11, 2011

Just To Be Close To You

'I sought the Lord and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears'. Psalms 34:4

There is nothing like having that feeling of being so in tune with the Master that anytime when you call, even if in a whisper, you know that He hears you.  And the peace of God comes over you immediately.  A peace that lets you know that everything is going to be alright.  There is no greater feeling.  It is as though you are hooked up to an IV that overflows with everything you need.  If it's love you need..God's got it.  If it's joy you need...God's got it.  If it's comforting you need...God's got it.  If it's deliverance you need...God's got it.  If it's a new heart you need or  a renewed mind...God's got it!  All you have to do is ask him.  When you empty out all the mundane things of life, connect to God and fill yourself with Him, change happens.  No more fear.  No more insecurity. What does the Word say? 
'Delight yourself int he Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart'.  (Psalm 37:4) 

'Seek the Lord while He may be found, call on Him while He is near'. (Isaiah 55:6)

 He is never to busy and He is never late.  In fact He longs for us to talk with Him.  Notice that I said talk 'with' Him.  There is a difference.  The difference being when we talk with God it is a joint effort.  I am not just asking Him for what I need and then it's 'thank God Amen'.  Instead I an actually waiting around listening to see if there is anything that He may want of me. 

My daughter helped to drive this point home to me just the other day.  She had sat down to share her day with me, as she often does.  Except this time I was too busy to listen.  My mind was preoccupied with the mundane things of life.  I let her talk and then kind of shook my head in acknowledgement and that was it.  About five minutes later I noticed her still following me around the house.  I stopped long enough to ask her what else she needed and she said "well, momma I wanted to know how your day was and if you needed anything. "  (In my mind I said, :Thank you Lord...message received.)

The most vital relationship you can have is with God.  It is a relationship you cannot afford to neglect.  Yes, your heavenly Father will always be there.  But why miss out on all the things he has for you simply because you fail to nurture the relationship.  Always remember God has a way of getting your attention even though  most times we don't like His methods.  How much better it would be if our relationship was so close that we had the heads up on the area that needed work in our lives.  Having problems in other relationships in your life...your marriage, friendships, family, co-workers, etc...try getting closer to God and let Him work out the rest. 

Most Gracious Heavenly Father,

Search me O God and know my heart. Try me and know my thoughts.  If you find anything that is not like you Lord please remove it.  I submit to Your will.  Help me to continue in obedience even when I don't understand.  For your ways are not my ways, neither are your  thoughts my thoughts.  All I want is less of me and more of You.  In Jesus' Wonderful Name Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment