Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

God's Providential Power

"Thou couldst have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above" John 19:11


I remember a time when I felt that everyone was to blame for the problems in my life.  I took no responsibility for my own actions and I had no true understanding of God's providential power.  You see, once I became a child of God, He took over control of my life.  This means that there is nothing that has happened in my life that He does not know about.  And furthermore, things can only go as far as He allows.  What does this mean for me?  It means that I don't have to worry about my enemies.  They don't have any power.  There is nothing they can do to me that will not prove to be beneficial for me.  'And we know that all things work together...' (Romans 8:28)  Go ahead and let them think they have won.  Then sit back and watch when they sit and stare when you come out on top.  Just as there was a purpose for Jesus' sufferering, there is a purpose for your suffering.  The ultimate purpose is for God to be glorified.  My experience has shown that when God is glorified you are also the better. 

Nothing that is not God's will can come into the life of one who trusts and obeys God.  Are you shouting yet?  Certain things that may be going on in your life are just temporary.  Your eternal reward is inevitable.  Continue to walk in victory!  I read something today that said,  "Is it not a glorious thing to know that, no difference how unjust a thing may be, or how absolutely it may seem to be from Satan, by the time it reaches us it is God's will for us, and will work for good to us?  Anything that the devil may throw at us is harmless if not in the will of God.  That is while riding in the storm you can find shelter.  You can find peace.  You have that blessed assurance that everything is going to be alright.  This is not a maybe, it is a guarantee. Take a moment and look back over your life.  Don't you see God's fingerprints all over the place.  Has there ever been a time where He has let you fall without raising you up?

Most Gracious Heavenly Father,

At times it seems as though my enemies have the upper hand.  It appears that those around me are accomplishing great things while I continue to suffer.  I need help. Increase my strength.  Help me to accept the path that You have chosen for me so that I can be of service to You.  Father all I want is less of me and more of You.  In Jesus' Wonderful Name I pray Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment