Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

What Shall I Do?

What shall I do?  What steps should I take? What move should I make, O Lord, what shall I do?  I know you'll come through with an answer for me, please Lord set my soul free, O Lord I know you'll come through. 

How many of you are debating within yourself what your next step should be?  What direction should you go?  You've probably sought the advice of others. I know that's what I usually do and there is nothing wrong with that if that person is Godly.  But the real question I have for you is have you consulted God?  One thing that I am learning is that God's purposes for my life are inevitably accomplished.  God is sovereign and He can do whatever He wants to do when He wants to do it.  How much easier it would be for me if I would actually consult the Lord for guidance in all areas of my life.  His Word said it best in Jeremiah 33:3,  'Call unto me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known'.  We don't know the best thing for our lives.  We don't know what direction to walk in.  We need guidance.  What better person to turn to than the Lord God Almighty.  The one who knew the end from the beginning.  He has set out His plan for my life and for your life and yet we continue to ignore His counsel.  Time and time again I make plans without asking God what He thinks.  I can only imagine God laughing at me and saying,  "When is she going to get it?"  Proverbs 19:21 says it best, 'Many are the plans in the mind of man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand'.  God has your best interest in mind at all times and He is the only one capable of fulfilling your divine destiny.  And the best news of it all is that He never gives up on you. 

A problem that I was having was my dependence on time.  I don't like to wait, even on God.  But if I am truly standing on His Word which says that the purpose of the Lord will stand, then I shouldn't mind waiting.  And while I am waiting I should continue to do God's will in His way.  I can't allow my waiting on God to cause me to become frustrated and to have negative feelings.  We are such an impatient people.  Think about when you are sitting at the table in a restaurant waiting for your food. You already have in mind how long it should take for your food to come out and heaven forbid if someone who got there after you gets their food before you do.  I don't know about you but I have a fit and I let everybody know it.  Behaving in love is thrown out the window.  That is exactly how we behave with God.  God takes no pleasure in withholding things from you.  He says in His Word, "Ask me and I will tell you."  Have you taken the time to say, "Lord, I am weak right now.  I need a scripture, a promise from Your Word so I can hold on a little while longer until your purpose comes to pass."  I must admit that I haven't done it that way all the time but I am learning this is the only way to go.  The God we serve is not bound by time.  We are limited.  He is unlimited. Another problem I was having was not understanding the power of God.  He doesn't grow tired or weary.  We cannot even comprehend how God chooses to fulfill his promises.  He doesn't ask us to.  All He ask is that we believe.  Stop and ask yourself right now, "Do you believe that God can turn the situation around for the better?"  The answer is a simple yes or no.  If there is even a hint of doubt then your prayer should be for God to remove the doubt.  God wants to move you to the passenger seat and become the main driver of your life. You have to move self out of the way.  Step aside.  I contend that you have nothing to lose by waiting on the Lord and everything to gain.  Whatever the situation is, God will sustain you!  In the end, God is going to be glorified and His purpose is fulfilled. 

Dear Lord,

I have a dilemma.  I don't know what direction to go.  I feel like I am in a tug of war with myself.  I know that I should have come to you first but I am coming to you now.  In Your Word you told me to call unto you and you will answer me and show me great and mighty things that I do not know.  Right now I am standing on this promise, believing that I will receive an answer from you.  While I am waiting on Your answer Lord I ask You to help me to wait.  Plant my feet so that I move neither to the left or to the right until I hear from You.  In Jesus' Wonderful Name I pray Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment