Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Thursday, October 7, 2010

God Will Deliver You

I have a definite love for the writings of Paul.  Paul is a writer who uses his very own sufferings to encourage others.  That is why when I read his letters my faith is boosted because I know that God has seen him through some tough times.  What a lot of people fail to realize is the only way he became such a great apostle for God was because God took him through some things.  My absolute favorite verse comes from the writings Paul.  'So we do not lose heart. Though our  outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day.  For this light and momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen.  For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.  (II Cor. 4:16-18)  That is why I can look at my problems and shout 'Temporary!' 

I was reading in II Corinthians, the very first chapter.  Paul was talking to the church at Corinthians.  He was sharing with them about how the suffering that he endured in Asia.  Times were so bad that it felt as though they had received a sentence of death.  But God did not leave them there to die, instead He delivered them.  The best part about these verses was the confidence that Paul had that since God had delivered them then, He would continue to deliver them no matter what was going on.  And that is what I believe it is all about.  It is about having that same kind of confidence that no matter what is going on God will make a way.  I don't know what you are going through right now but I know that the God you serve is able. 

One thing I have taught my children is that if momma says something it is going to happen.  Whether it is discipline or reward, I don't just say things to say them.  I follow through.  Now sometimes, circumstances would have it that there may be a delay in when it happens but rest assured, it will happen.  I have seen my children on the edge of their seats with anticipation waiting for me to get my car keys to take them for ice cream.  I have also seen the fear in their eyes when they knew that once we got home they were going to get a spanking.  I've said all this to ask one question.  How often do you anticipate that God will deliver you? When going through your most difficult time do you have an attitude of expectation?  Do you still keep a praise on your lips?  The experience that Paul had in Asia was something that was beyond human survival.  He was discouraged.  He felt despair... that there was the total absence of an exit.  No way out.  But then God showed up as He had done in times past and Paul was able to share his testimony with the church at Corinthians.  That is why he wrote the following, 'He delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us.  On him we have set our hope that he will deliver us again'. (II Corinthians 1:10)

When you have a situation that seems humanly impossible to overcome, stop trying to rely on your own strength and lean and depend on God.  That is what He is there for.  Look at the record.  He has delivered you in times past and He will deliver you again.

Dear Lord,
Thank you for being Jehovah Mephalti, my Deliverer, Jehovah Tsuri, my Strength, Jehovah Sali, my Rock.  I thank you because I don't have to worry or fret for I know that the trials that I go through are light and momentary. They are only temporary and what you are working out for me will make me much better than I am right now so that I can be used in thy service.  I am confident that this work you have began in me you will perform it unto the day of its completion. In Jesus' Wonderful Name I pray Amen. 

4 comments:

  1. Ramona:

    God will work it out! He has did it for me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good one, Sis! That is why it is so important to know the Word and have it written in our hearts, so when tough times come, we can be reminded of what God has promised and assured us....that He will never leave us or forsake us, that weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning, that no weapon formed against us shall prosper...
    Love, love, LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ramona, I liked the part: "How often do you anticipate that God will deliver you? When going through your most difficult time do you have an attitude of expectation?" And you used the imagery of your girls sitting on the edge of their seat. I need to work on that.

    I know that He will deliver, but usually I am waiting in a down and low-key spirit. But I need to be like your girls, sitting on the edge of my seat eagerly waiting for my Father to take care of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The promises of God are Yea and Amen. Everything He has said will come to pass. Just keep telling yourself that. I love to just sit back and watch God work!

    ReplyDelete