Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Friday, October 22, 2010

Avoiding Uncertainty

In this world that I am living in right now the only thing constant is change.  As I try to wrap my mind around what is going on, I find that I can't.  I take a moment and look at everything around me and think about how one word, one sentence has turned my world upside down.  Whatever shall I do?  You know the feeling, don't you?  Boss comes in and says, "I'm sorry we don't need you anymore."  Your child comes home and tell you that he's failing math.  Your teenage daughter says she is pregnant. The doctor informs you that you have stage fourcancer and that chemotherapy must begin immediately.  Your wife tells you that  she doesn't love you anymore and that she's leaving you.  I bet you didn't realize that it is during this time that God does His best work on your life.  I would go even further to say that this time between Egypt and the Promised Land is necessary and that you have the potential to come out so much better.  The question I have for you today is are you open to let Him make the necessary changes in your life so that you can be all that He has purposed for you to be?

So many times during our seasons of pain and suffering, instead of looking for God, we blame God.  I have said this many times before instead of asking God what is He trying to teach you, we question God's sovereignty.  Or maybe that's just me.  Maybe I am the only one who grows tired of always being in the wilderness, feeling like God is picking on me.  At this point I have a choice.  I can either become bitter and resentful or I can open my heart to the blessings that God has in store for me that are most certain to come out of this period of uncertainty.  I am studying something right now in my Interpersonal Communication class.  It is the Uncertainty Reduction Theory.  Uncertainty exist when there is a high amount of possible alternatives.  You have know real way of knowing what the outcome will be.  As I sat in class and thought about this, it was as though a light bulb came on for me and my current situation.  I have been classifying my situation totally wrong.  I was not in a period of uncertainty.  There is really only one possible outcome for my situation.  VICTORY!!!  I had come up with the solution for avoiding uncertainty.  I am sure of this because God said it in His Word.  No matter how dark your situation may be, God has the final say.  We avoid uncertainty by knowing more about who God is.  The Word only tells us so much about who He is but when you can personally testify to the fact that He is a Deliverer, a Provider,  a Shelter in the time of storm, a Sustainer.  When you know Him to be a Healer, a way out of know way,  Jehovah Shalom - your peace... you can shout Hallelujah!  What better way to reduce the amount of certainty in your life.  What better way to exercise your faith in God. I know how easy it is to become weary in well doing, but it is in due time you shall reap a harvest of blessing if you faint not. Galatians 6:9  Either you can let this be a period that will result in great spiritual growth or spiritual decline.  You choose!

Most Gracious Heavenly Father, 

I  don't know why You love me but You do.  I thank you today because you loved me so much that You divinely design situations in my life to help to make me a better person.  Lord I ask you to give me the strength to endure during this difficult time.  Help me to look at my circumstance and see Your amazing hand carefully positioning me for success.  I trust You Lord with my life and love you with my whole heart.  I believe that goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life and all things are working out for my good.  In Jesus' Wonderful Name I pray Amen. 

2 comments:

  1. Ramona:

    You know I do not know why God love but he do
    and he can bring you out of darkness and make the situation look so good I just love the Lord

    ReplyDelete
  2. The VICTORY is a beautiful ending/ a shining finish to our various stories of misery and strife, hurt and pain, storms and rain, with so many different troubles on every hand. Its good to know Jesus. Its most definately good to know GODS Holy Word. The VICTORY is knowing GOD will work it out. GOD will bring u thru, he will heal and deliver in his own time. We have to learn to say Hallelujah Anyhow. We won't understand that faith is the substance of things hoped for n the evidence of things not seen Until we exercise true faith. LET GO LET GOD..Thanx Ramona for helping me Receive the VICTORY!!!!

    ReplyDelete