Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Friday, October 1, 2010

Living Stress-Free

I hear so many people talking about how stressed out they are.  Stress is an incorrect way of managing the things that God allows in our lives to shape us into the people He has purposed for us to be.  God is sovereign.  He can do whatever it is He wants to do, when He wants to do it.  That same God is All-Knowing.  He knew us before we were conceived and even knows the number of hairs on our head.  He knows our likes and dislikes.  He know the desires of our heart.  Time after time in the Bible we are told that we will have trials and tribulations. Phil. 1:29, James 1:2, Jn. 16:33 are just a few of the verses that come to mind.  These verse remind us that even those these things will take place, God is still in control.  There He stands waiting for us to give it all over to Him so that we are able to leave a stress-free life.  Stress-free meaning that we learn to take God at His Word.  But first you have to know what's in the Word in order to live by it and stand on it.  The Word and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit help to change us.

Suffering is just a tool.  A tool is regarded as  necessary to carry out one's work.  So what is the work of a Christian?  "And ye shall be my witnesses...(Acts 1:8)  Evangelism, edification of Christians, and benevolence for saints. Now, we do not remain in a state of suffering always.  It is not our final destination.  I have found that I play a part in how much time I spend in that trial. So I started looking for God in every situation, especially the bad.  My God has already suffered the ultimate with His death on the cross.  'Can I not watch and pray just for a little while?' I should be able to do my part, even if it means suffering so my testimony can help someone else. There is a treasure within you and God is trying to get it out of you.  If we could do it all on our own God would not be glorified.  So He takes ordinary people who are common, expendable and replaceable and shows us that we are weak and that we can't make it without Him.  That cheap, breakable and replaceable clay pot that was typically used for holding garbage and human waste has a hidden treasure.  A treasure that is only found through our salvation.  It took the blood to cleanse us, for we were but filthy rags.  That is why we can count it all joy no matter what it is we face.  It is achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.  For it does not yet appear what we shall be, but we know that when He shall appear we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.  Can somebody say GLORY!!!!!

Why do we as Christians stress-out?  We do not react as those who have no hope.  Our hope is in Jesus Christ.  When you learn to take God at His Word and realize that there is a purpose behind the pain.  You can stand and say what Paul said. 
'I am afflicted in every way,but not crushed, perplexed but not driven to despair; perplexed but not forsaken; struck down, but not dismayed.  (2 Corinthians 4:8-10)

But God commendeth His love for us, in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for the ungodly.  (Romans 5:8)

Managing stress correctly is letting go and letting God.  Have thine own way Lord. Have thine own way.  Thou art the potter. I am the clay.  Mold me and make me after thy will.  While I am waiting, yielded and still.  You plus God equals victory.  God has already overcome the world and anything in it that may come up against us.  Don't give up.  Keep Holding On.  Believe. Have faith.  He will do just what He said. 


Most gracious heavenly Father,

Lord, I am thankful that You are all-knowing and that You hold all Power.  I thank You for never giving up on me and Your ability to see the best in me when all I can see is what is staring at me in the mirror.  Open up my eyes to see my circumstances as You see them as a tool to carry me to my destiny.  As a temporary part of my life that is leading me to my home in glory.  I am lifting my eyes to the hill from whence comes my help.  I thank You for Your grace and mercy that is new every morning.  I can and will be all that You have purposed for me to be with Your help.  I  surrender all to You.  Thank You for answering my prayer.  In Jesus' Wonderful Name Amen. 

1 comment: