Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Monday, October 18, 2010

Solid As A Rock

God is our refuge and our strength a very present help in time of trouble.  Psalms 46:1

The Lord is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.  Psalms 9:9

The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.  Psalms 18:1-2

The Lord is near to all who call on him; he also hears their cry and saves them.  Psalms 145:18

I could go on further but I think I will stop right there.  All day today I couldn't stop thinking about the stability of God.  He is my one constant.  The very nature of God is unchanging. In a world where everything can instantly be taken from me at any moment, I can always rely on God. It doesn't matter if I neglect Him or fail to spend time with Him, He is always there sustaining me through each and every circumstance that comes my way.  He is the same yesterday, today and forever more.  I have a peaceful reliance in Him that He can and will meet my needs.  This simple fact stabilizes my faith.  No longer do I have to say things like "If God..."  Those statements have been changed to "When God..."  Without a doubt I know that He is going to see me through.  And this fact is stated over and over again in His Word.  I love how I can start at one verse and that verse takes me to another verse and yet another verse, building on the foundation of my faith and causing an unwavering belief in the God who is in control of all things.  We should never have a reason to doubt God.  Yet we do.  Think about it.  Even when we couldn't see how the situation would work out for our good, didn't it?  God has never failed us or broken one of His promises.  In a world where even those most stable things can soon become unstable, we must put our hope in God.

In Thee O Lord, do I put my trust.  It doesn' t matter what is going on around me.  You, O  Lord, never change. I can dwell in your secret place and abide in your shadow.  You are my refuge, my safe place.  In You, O Lord I find peace.  I find joy.  I find love everlasting.  You are solid.  Your love is continuous. Your peace is overflowing.  In You I can always depend.  Stop looking at your circumstances.  Trust in the character of God.  He won't fail You.  Wait on Him.  We say these words a lot of the time as cliches. They sound good but do we really believe what we are saying.  It's time out for praising Him when the sun is shining.  Start praising Him in the rain, when the storms of life are raging.  I have found that when I praise Him while in my storm, I find safety and a peace that surpasses all understanding. 

Dear Lord,

Thank you for being my refuge, my fortress, my strength and a very present help in the time of trouble.  Thank you for the assurance I have that no matter what is going on in my life You are there to see me through.  I am never alone.  I thank you for being a constant in my life.  I can always lean and depend on you and stand firm on each and every promise in Your Word. Lord I love you and I trust You.  I know that everything in my life is working out for my good no matter what it looks like right now.  I can shout Hallelujah because victory is mine.  In Jesus' Wonderful Name I pray Amen. 

1 comment:

  1. Ramona:

    I will be shout right with you because In know
    victory is mine. God is working it out for me!

    ReplyDelete