Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Thursday, June 17, 2010

When We All Get To Heaven

When we all get to heaven, what a day of rejoicing that will be.  When we all see Jesus, we will sing and shout the victory. So glad...I'm so glad.  So glad...I'm so glad.  So glad...I'm so glad everybody will be happy over there!

I must confess there are days when all I can think about is heaven.  Sometimes the pressures of this world are so heavy and it seems like the walls are closing in that the mere thought of seeing my Savior's face brings me joy.  I would like just to be able to get away from it all and take a vacation but that alternative isn't always possible.  So I go to my happy place....a place of joy, peace, singing, praising, shouting!  Have you ever had days like this?   A day when you just need to escape the worries and cares of this world into a glimpse of heaven. 

You know I truly believe the more you try to do right and live for God, the more Satan tries to come up against you.  But don't let him distract you.  Remember that we are not fighting against people made of flesh and blood, but against the evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against those mighty powers of darkness who rule this world, and against wicked spirits in the heavenly realms.  Ephesians 6:12  Although our enemies might look like us, it is the believer's job to keep our eye on the prize.  We shouldn't get so wrapped up in the person who is causing us so much pain.  And believe me when I tell you this is hard.  The person could be on your job, in your church, a distant relative or even someone in your own home.  We must remember that our enemy is Satan!  Anything he can do to try and steal your joy or make you take your eyes off Christ, he will do it.  But I say that when your vision is blurry, simply readjust your focus.  I don't care what anybody says, you cannot think about God and stay in the same mindset.  But for a glimpse of heaven and a face-to-face meeting with my Heavenly Father, my personal Savior, my joy in sorrow and my hope for tomorrow.  Because I know He is looking down on me along with a great cloud of witnesses cheering me on, reminding me through the Holy Spirit that I've got the victory, I can go on another day.  That's such good news!  Not only will I get to see my Savior, but also my loved one who have went on before me.  I won't have any worries or cares.  I will know beyond a shadow of a doubt that it was all worth it.  The day I accepted Jesus as my Lord and my Savior was the very best decision I ever made.  What about you?

Dear Lord,

I just want to thank you for saving me.  Thank you for allowing me to know you and to know that this world is not my home, I am just passing through.  I am on my way to a better place where there will be no tears, no pain, no worries, no stress.  It gives me that bit of encouragement to run on and see what the end will be.  I know that I am not worthy.  I know that I am but a sinner saved by grace and because you loved me I will get to enjoy all the benefits of your Son.  Thank you Lord.  In Jesus' Wonderful Name Amen.

2 comments:

  1. That's the only way i make it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean....it is very necessary for me.

    ReplyDelete