Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Thursday, June 24, 2010

He's Able

God is able to do just what he said he would do.
He's gonna fulfill every promise to you.
Don't give up on God, cuz he won't give up on you.
He's able!

I started this week with a question - Have you every thought about what your life would be like if God gave up on you?  It's funny how God works because on Monday night at choir rehearsal we learned the song above and I could barely contain myself.  Something about when God gives you confirmation! 

Isn't it so good to know that the promises of God are Yea and Amen.  There is not one promise that God has promised you that will not come to pass.  I have prayed certain prayers for my children and God has promised me some things concerning them and I know that even if I die before they happen, I can rest easy knowing they will come to pass.  I know that sometimes the wait  is long and we are tempted to give up on God but I am telling you don't!  Just at the point when you are ready to give up, you may be tying God's hands from doing something great!  I know you don't want to miss out on your blessings.

No three points today.  No profound words.  I just want you to think about the words of the song above.  God cannot lie.  When you are sleeping, he's at work.  When you're crying, he sees your tears.  Whatever it is that you need - God's got it! 

These past four weeks have been rough for me and through it all I have maintained this blog and finished three college courses.  It has not been easy but you know what?  The Word told me that 'I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength'. (Philippians 4:13)  He also told me that 'They that wait on the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up on wings as eagles.  They shall run and not be weary. They shall walk and not faint'. (Isaiah 40:31)  There were times when I wanted to give up.  But God gave me renewed strength. Thank God I didn't because I am months away from God honoring his promise to me.  Whatever you are waiting on HOLD ON!  HE'S ABLE!!!


Dear Lord,

Thank you for your promises.  Your Word is full of them but I want to thank you today for those ones you have personally told me about.  I'm going to hold on and wait for you to fulfill every one of them.  I know you can!  I know you will!  Thank you Lord!  In Jesus' Name Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment