Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Let It Rain

It has been raining now for almost twenty-four hours.  Sometimes it has been a slow, steady rain and other times it has been a heavy rain mixed with thunder and lightening.  To tell you the truth, I am not that fond of rain.  If I had my choice of rain or a clear sun shiny day, I would choose the sun hands down.  But as I sat and read listening to the rain my daughter reminded me that "it has to rain mommie for things to grow". Out of the mouths of babes...

We all know what rain is but let me give you the scientific breakdown of where rain comes from.  Rain is nothing but liquid precipitation.  Rain requires the presence of a thick layer of the atmosphere to have temperatures above the melting point of water near and above the Earth's surface.  On Earth, it is the condensation of atmospheric water vapor into drops of water heavy enough to fall, often making it to the surface.  All plants need at least some water to survive. That means rain is important to agriculture.  A regular rain pattern is usually vital to healthy plants.  Too much or too little rainfall can be harmful.   Too little rain causes a drought and a drought can kill crops and increase erosion, while overly wet weather can cause harmful fungus growth.  Bottom line...rain is necessary.

As you are reading this I know you are thinking,'Thanks Ramona for that science lesson about rain'.  You are very welcome.  But that's not what I wanted to leave you with.  I want to talk about the benefits that rain has in your life.    You know I am all about thinking about things from a positive perspective.  I work to see the God in every thing.  So just think about it. 

Pressure has built up in your life to the point that you are about to burst.  The natural progression is for some rain to fall.  It's hot and there is a spiritual drought in your life....Isaiah 55:10-11, 'For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth.  It shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.  

We grow tired and are in need of a little refreshment. God sends the rain.  Psalms 68:9, 'Thou, O, God, didst send a plentiful rain, whereby thou didst confirm thine inheritance, when it was weary.

In need of a blessing...Leviticus 26:4 'Then I will give you rain in due season, and the land shall yield her increase, and the trees of the field shall yield their fruit'.

Need proof of your firm foundation...Matthew 7:25, 'And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

Shall I go any further?  You see, when you believe that God's hand is at work in every aspect of your life you can see the value in the rain.  Whether it is a cloudburst, a peaceful, steady rain or a thunderstorm.  Rain serves a positive purpose in your life. What is that purpose? Rain provides the nutrients necessary for you to continue to grow and more importantly the rain usually comes right before harvest time!

Dear Lord,

I have often heard myself singing the childhood nursery rhyme, rain, rain go away come again another day.  But the more I grow in my relationship with you, I have started to see the positive side in everything that comes into my life.  So today I want to thank you for the rain.  I know that rain is necessary for me to grow but today I want to thank you because the rain comes right before harvest time.  Thank you Lord for the rain.  In Jesus' Wonderful Name Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment