Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Monday, June 28, 2010

God Is At Work!

Yesterday a question was asked at church by the preacher that made me think long and hard.  The question was "Do you realize the investment that God has made in your life?"  This question made me think really hard because so many times we do not see or acknowledge God at work in our lives.  Now don't get me wrong we don't have a problem seeing God or acknowledging Him at work when it is something phenomenal or supernatural. But God doesn't work like that all the time.  And even though He doesn't work like that all the time I hope you know He is definitely always at work in your life.  He has made an investment in you.  An investment that won't go bad when the market declines.

What do I mean by investment?  He sacrificed his only begotten Son to die on the cross for our sins.  He went all the way down to hell and snatched the keys.  He left us a road map...the Word... for us to follow.  We are surrounded by a most awesome cloud of witnesses cheering us on every day as we run our race.   Not a day goes by that God himself isn't rooting you on to victory.  We often give honor and praise to our parents, our spouses, our closest friends for investing time in us, supporting us and being there for us in our time of need. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that!  But don't forget to give God the glory and honor and praise for what He does for you on a daily basis.  I look at it this way if my parents were able to help me financial or emotionally, it was because God allowed them to.  The tender moments you receive from your spouse just when you needed a little extra love, it was because God's love was showing through him or her.  When your friend calls you out of the blue just to check on you or sends you an encouraging message or card, it is because God decided to use them as the instrument to bless you.  

Think about when you got up this morning.  Do you know that it was because God allowed you to get up this morning? Did you thank Him for it?  Did you praise him for the job that you have to go to, even if it is a job you don't care for too much.  What about the house you live in, the car you drive, the food you eat, a drive to work without traffic, a ride to work without any accidents?  While you may not see these things as investments, they are definitely the hand of God at work in your life.  You see, as God does for you, the more you acknowledge him, the brighter the light shines from you so that others might see and they may come to know the God that you know and love and serve.  Isn't that what it's all about anyway....bringing others to Christ?  Take time this week to look for the hand of God at work in your life and when you see him at work, stop and thank him for it.

Dear Lord,

I must admit that I do not always see you at work in my life. I am asking you to open my eyes so that I might see you in my everyday life.  Help me to feel your presence all day long.  I want to take a moment to thank you right now for everything that you have done and are going to do in my life.  It brings me great joy and I love you.  In Jesus' Wonderful Name Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment