Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Let the Redeemed of the Lord Say So!

A question was posed on Facebook as to why must people post a Bible verse every two seconds or is it really necessary to be praising the Lord like that at a stop light. My response was simple...you don't know my story.

Read Psalms 107. Take a moment to truly reflect on the words and how they apply to your life. I'll give you just a tidbit. 'Give thanks to the Lord , for he is good! His faithful love endures forever. Has the Lord redeemed you? Then speak out! Tell others he has saved you from your enemies.....some wandered in the desert, lost and homeless. Hungry and thirsty, they nearly died. "Lord, help!" they cried in their trouble, and he rescued them from their distress. (v1-2,4-6)

The mere words of this Psalms bring a shout to my lips. You see, these words are the story of my life. I know that I am what I am because of the grace of God. He saved me from the very jaws of death. God wants you to share what he has done for you. And he will provide just the right opportunity for you to do so. Whether at work, at school, at the grocery store, at church or even in your own home. God wants to be a constant thought in your mind and when he is then you can't help but talk about him. You begin to acknowledge him and thank him for the little things. That 'A' you made on your final exam. The close parking space at Walmart. Your quick reflexes that caused you to avoid that car accident. That time you know you didn't do the right thing, yet when you called to the Lord he came and rescued you. He didn't say, 'I told you so'.

Whatever God has done in your life, you need to share it. Whatever platform God gives you is prime time to tell of God's goodness. Use every available opportunity you have to be a blessing to someone in need. And don't worry about the naysayers and those who may become irritated by your profession of faith...if you can just help one somebody as you travel along, if you can cheer somebody with a word or a song, if you can show somebody that he's traveling wrong, then your living shall not be in vain.

Dear Lord,

I just want to say thank you. (Take the time to tell the Lord specifically what you thank him for.) Sometimes I have been a little hesitant to share my testimony. Help me to be more aware of the platform you have given me to be a witness for you so that others may come to know the wonderful God I serve. In Jesus' Name Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment