Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Some times you have to speak victory during the test. No matter how you feel, speak the Word and you will be healed. Speak over yourself. Encourage yourself in the Lord. (lyrics by Donald Lawrence)

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I Won't Complain

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.  Psalm 147:3

Early Saturday I received some disturbing news, that someone I love very dearly went from labor to reward.  The pain has been unbearable. Even as I sit here in my room typing, my heart is sad. I've spent the past few days thinking of all the things he taught me over the years and I decided to take this week to share some of those things that have helped to grow me into the spiritual woman I am today.  Today while driving and listening to one of his many sermons I thought about all the things he had shared with me.  One very important thing I learned from him was 'patient endurance'.  What is patient endurance?  It is a development of heart and character which manifests itself in an endurance of wrong or affliction with contentment, without rebellion of will.  Just as if he were standing right here in front of me, I can hear him clearly saying as though he could read my thoughts, "Why not you?", when I was questioning why the Lord chose me to go through this storm.  (And many times he did know without me having to say one word.) I recall many times when I wanted to give up, when his words would encourage me.  I remember many days sitting in my room reading over sermon notes and listening to one of his cd's to lift  my spirits.  How his prayers were one of the one's that helped to will me back to life many years ago.  

Many of us who love him will never know the pain that he had to go through these last few years, or even the last few weeks but one thing I know is that he never lost his faith.  I sat and watched time after time how people tried their best to bring him down and yet he kept right on standing.  He trusted God to see him through.  I never studied the Word the way I do now until I sat under his teaching.  I had always memorized scripture but to actually sit and break down a verse line by line, word by word, didn't come until I heard him in a Wednesday night Bible study.  He taught each lesson with such fire that you couldn't help but want to experience some of it for yourself.  What he had on the inside of him was contagious!  He had to share it with others.  And many times after preaching, full of the Holy Spirit he would sing the words  below. 

I've had some good days; I've had some hills to climb
I've had some weary days; And some sleepless nights
But when I look around; And I think things over
All of my good days; Outweigh my bad days
I won't complain.

Sometimes the clouds hang low; I can hardly see the road
I ask a question, Lord; Why so much pain?
But he knows what's best for me; Although my weary eyes they can't see
So I'll just say thank you Lord
I won't complain




God Has been so good to me; He's been good to me
More than this old world or you could ever be
He's been so good, To me
He dries all of my tears away; Turned my midnights into day
So I'll just say thank you Lord

I won't complain.



He wanted me and others to know that things weren't always going to be good. In fact there were times when things would be downright unbearable but as long as you trusted God and put your hands in his hands and allowed him to lead, guide and direct you everything was going to be alright. You might have to cry sometime, the clouds may hang low. There might be several days were the sun doesn't shine but keep on believing. Keep on trusting. Hold on. Don't complain. Praise God in every circumstance. Even in the midst of the grief that I know so many of you feel who were touched by the life of Pastor A. G. Woodberry (and even for those of you who may not have known him who are reading this), be encouraged.  Never stop trusting God.  Stand on His Word.  Nourish your personal relationship with God.  Know that through it all He will see you through. 


Father  I come today with one request, walk with me.  Right now my heart is heavy.  Thank You for the life that my dear Pastor lived and how he was an example to me and so many others.  It is in times like these that I've come to realize that I can't make it without You. I'm asking You to wrap your arms around his family.  Be with them during their quiet moments.  These are not the best of times but Lord I'm trusting You to hold my hand and help me make it through.  I know that You have the power to heal my broken heart and repair my broken spirit.  I'm leaning and depending on You and thanking you in advance.  Help me to be there for others during their time of need as Pastor was for me over and over again.  I will continue to give your name the praise. In Jesus' Wonderful Name I pray Amen.








4 comments:

  1. Cherelyn

    I am praying for your Church family and the Woodberry family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for bringing his words to life again for those of us who was blessed to hear him preach, teach, minister and sing. May God bless and keep each one of you at GMO and the Woodberry family. The country is praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well sais Ramona. RIP Rev Dr A. Glenn Woodberry and to my GMO family keep ya head up and be strong.

    ReplyDelete